Headers do help!!

big T

Feb 25, 2004
Hawaii, oahu
Some friends and I went to our 1/4 mile race spot last night and man, Im so happy with the results. 1st race was against an auto mach 1/04 (4:10's, slp off rd x/LM2's, jlt, bfg kd tires and custom tune) which I beat him by 2 cars, second race by 3 cars...he was not happy to say the least. Second race was a 99 cobra (bassani off rd x/c back, 4:10's, custom cold air, msd, pirelli tires and custom tune) lost by 2-3 cars, dam_. Third was a 05 altima/SER(nizmo exhaust, cold air, chip and unk tires), smoked him by 7+ cars...he was pissed to say the least. I was clocked on laser at 103 the first 3 runs and 104!!! the last run...DAM_! I was impressed as my best mph at the track was a 102 so headers do help. Man, I cant wait for our track to open back up.

• Sponsors (?)

1. of course this was at a track right?
2. you do of course realize that the mph at a track is measured over the last 60' or so right? ie the radar gun is clocking what your doing at the end and will give a slightly higher reading.

Nice!. Ever consider dumping that ported stock plenum for an aftermarket one with a bigger throttle body? Not a huge gain, but a little extra and its cheap and easy. My bbk stuff was very cheap and is nice.

EDIT: Forget that. WHY HAVENT YOU GOT PULLIES YET!!!!!

BooWFO said:
1. of course this was at a track right?
2. you do of course realize that the mph at a track is measured over the last 60' or so right? ie the radar gun is clocking what your doing at the end and will give a slightly higher reading.
I didnt know that, bit Im happy with the gains though. Ill probably be clocking about a 103 at the track then and thats pretty good for the mods I have and through an auto trans.

007 said:
Nice!. Ever consider dumping that ported stock plenum for an aftermarket one with a bigger throttle body? Not a huge gain, but a little extra and its cheap and easy. My bbk stuff was very cheap and is nice.

EDIT: Forget that. WHY HAVENT YOU GOT PULLIES YET!!!!!
I dont think swapping them out will make a difference. Pullies, Im shy away from those cause I use my car for work and I need all the charging I can get, computer, siren, radio, driving lights, a.c, stobes. Pullies will drain to much Id think.

big T said:
I dont think swapping them out will make a difference. Pullies, Im shy away from those cause I use my car for work and I need all the charging I can get, computer, siren, radio, driving lights, a.c, stobes. Pullies will drain to much Id think.

You wont have any charging problems with Steedas. Pulleys are proven to be worth a tenth in the 1/4.

Don't get pullies, unless you just want strickly power...no other real reason to get them. Charging is affected a bit.

Mind posting your time slips?

Those stangs you raced are nice, but that don't mean they have the best driver. The Mach should have won...by a bit up top.

Got any before and afters?

5spd GT said:
Don't get pullies, unless you just want strickly power...no other real reason to get them. Charging is affected a bit.

Mind posting your time slips?

Those stangs you raced are nice, but that don't mean they have the best driver. The Mach should have won...by a bit up top.

Got any before and afters?
Man, I need to learn how to post pics cause I want to show my car, engine bay and suspension. My wife is suppose to show me, but never did...Im working on it. I dont have an old slip as I ran my best time a while back and the track is closed here in honolulu.