headers??????????????

steve'sblk93GT

Oct 27, 2003
atlanta
What is the difference between long tube, equal, and shorty headers and what is my best choice? I have 93GT vert with AOD. Also have bassani X pipe into flowmasters. Any brand particular compared to another? THANKS for your help

• Sponsors (?)

Unequal length shorties
bbk-1515_m.jpg

Equal length shorties
bbk-1512_m.jpg

Full length (long tube)
bbk-1516_m.jpg

Attachments

• bbk-1515_m.jpg
    bbk-1515_m.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 88
  • bbk-1512_m.jpg
    bbk-1512_m.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 89
  • bbk-1516_m.jpg
    bbk-1516_m.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 83
So you currently have stock headers, an off road X pipe, and flowmaster muff & tails so far??
Just get some shorties, unless you dont mind buying another matching H pipe for long tubes.

I have a graph i'm gonna attach that has a shorty header comparo. I came to find out later that it was from MACs website... but one interesting thing noted was that a smaller 1 1/2" primary EQUAL length header outperformed all the other [larger] ones on a stock motor. I know Summit [wull last time I checked anyways] still sells a shorty header that is equal length and only 1 1/2" primaries... Think the brand was Flowtech [Holley].

Are going to go crazy on the motor any time soon??? If not just get the shorties. I bought my MAC equal shorties used and like em, didnt have to unbolt motor mounts to put em in, and if you have take em out and re install the bolts are NOT impossible to line up [on mine anyways - I know some say they are a biioootch]. Maybe I got lucky?? :shrug:

I dont think you could go wrong with any of the shorty headers out there nowadays... spending a litte more will buy you better quality ones but i think they will all do the same thing.

With you having an auto your longtube selection is limited because of fitment issues. I have heard Mac Longtubes fit but sometimes have fitment issues....and I have heard BBK Longtubes are good but they are not sold to fit autos :shrug:

As stated above, if you don't plan on getting "crazy" with your engine I would just stick with equal length headers :nice:

David