headers....

• Sponsors (?)

The Stage 8 bolts are real nice. I've used them twice. I've used regular old bolts with lock washers more though and they've worked just as good. Just gotta retorque them after a few heat cycles. If you've got the money to drop on the Stage 8s though, they are nice.

LTs are the best bang for the buck IMO. It only took me an hour/hour and a half to put mine in. BUT, my car was already on jackstands and I didn't have AC or the smog pump in the way. I've installed LTs in a few other 94-95s that did have AC and the smog pump though and it took a little bit longer.....2 1/2-3 hours maybe....most of that time was spent battling the headers themselves though (they were used MAC's....the flanges were a bugger to line up). You will need a new X/H-pipe with LTs though so that is a consideration if money is tight.

well long tubes arent even possible :( its an auto...but im getting a new h pipe and shorty's..but didn't know weather to get equal or unequal. i was looking at the numbers and they say equal produce better numbers. so i was thinking bbk equal shorty's and bbk h-pipe. the cheapest i can find for the pair i was looking at less then $400. any input other ideas...

I wouldnt spend the extra dough on the equal length shorties. Sure they produce some more horsepower than unequal lengths, but in my opinion, the headaches involved with installation and plug removal, and the additional cost, is just not worth it.

well long tubes arent even possible :( its an auto...but im getting a new h pipe and shorty's..but didn't know weather to get equal or unequal. i was looking at the numbers and they say equal produce better numbers. so i was thinking bbk equal shorty's and bbk h-pipe. the cheapest i can find for the pair i was looking at less then $400. any input other ideas...

LOL thats funny aren't even possible.:rlaugh: :lol:

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

:nice:

Attachments

• DSC01392.jpg
    DSC01392.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01389.jpg
    DSC01389.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01405.jpg
    DSC01405.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01393.jpg
    DSC01393.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 39
i found some used bbk equal lengths for 50 bucks shipped to my door. after hearing everything i heard about how equal lengths really blow i got them anyways. i couldnt find a set of regular shorties that cheap. hell my neighbor even said the same thing.

i would like to know how many actually have or have had equal lengths cause in my experience they have not been nearly as bad as the bad rap they have. they were not very hard to install and have no problems with plug access or burnt wires. i had to retorque the bolts once and it took less than 20 min. i can change all 8 plugs in under 20 mins too.

Eddie if you look in the first pic you will see a O2 bung, There is no room So I moved them to my Hpipe. I also had to bend my x brace to clear one of the front tubes. :nice: I like them they give it a nice tone. :D

LOL thats funny aren't even possible.:rlaugh: :lol:

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

:nice:

wow now thats sexi...but i dont really care to try and mod the car that much...gonna be selling it soon to get a 4.6 5speed :)!!! just have to save some money and read what years are better and the diff. between the 2v and the 4v and blah.....but i need a new set of headers....and im thinkin the cheapest set of bbk i can find

Attachments

• DSC01392.jpg
    DSC01392.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01389.jpg
    DSC01389.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01405.jpg
    DSC01405.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01393.jpg
    DSC01393.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 30
i would like to know how many actually have or have had equal lengths cause in my experience they have not been nearly as bad as the bad rap they have. they were not very hard to install and have no problems with plug access or burnt wires. i had to retorque the bolts once and it took less than 20 min. i can change all 8 plugs in under 20 mins too.

you must have small hands and can bend yourself up like a pretzel to go that fast.... and don't put any wires on bigger than 8mm diameter with normal size plug boots and keep all your seperators on tight and in the right places or the wires will fall onto the headers and burn up nice'n'crispy!

Bosko5.0 said:
Eddie if you look in the first pic you will see a O2 bung, There is no room So I moved them to my Hpipe. I also had to bend my x brace to clear one of the front tubes. I like them they give it a nice tone.

excellent. Good to know.

What did you do with the O2 bung, just cap it off. No need to worry about modding the x-brace for me :D

The only issue I am wondering is if the headers will have to come off when dropping the tranny. Looks like a very tight fit on the pass. side with the bell housing and the drivers side with the collector and mlps. I guess if youre having to drop the tranny, getting the headers out isn't that big of a deal. I just know how much of a pain in the ass it is to try to hold that heavy beast of a transmission in place, lol.

you must have small hands and can bend yourself up like a pretzel to go that fast.... and don't put any wires on bigger than 8mm diameter with normal size plug boots and keep all your seperators on tight and in the right places or the wires will fall onto the headers and burn up nice'n'crispy!

actually i have pretty big hands. one thing every one that works on their own car should invest in is a swivel sparkplug socket. it does wonders and i use it on all eiqht plugs. my wires are custom cut by me and i use 90 degree boots. i will post pics if you want in a new thread.