Headers

MurderStang

Apr 7, 2011
I'm completely new to forums, and this site. Just curious if Long Tube Headers can fit on my stang without modification. I have heard yes, but all research points to no. I recently bought PaceHeader Shorties, and was wondering if I made a mistake?? If so, what is the flow difference between Shorties, and Long Tube?

95' GT 5.0 Auto Trans.

• Sponsors (?)

BBK makes long tubes that bolt right on i belive but any long tube is going to be a pain in the A@$. Long tubes make a more low end grunt where shorties do add power but not as much, But either one is better then stock Ive never seen any body running the pace headers but some one else should chime in:nice:

I don't know who told you they are cheap, do you mean the material is cheap? I know they are going to rust on the outside, I'm not concerned with that; I didn't get the stainless, and I realize the consequences.

Mac makes a set for auto cars. Longtubes are a hassle to put in, but they are worth it in my opinion.

I have MAC 1-5/8" long tubes (MAC-TF94015) on mine and it wasn't too much hassle getting them in. Definitely worth it.

MAC94015.jpg

These are how my headers looked when new, and they still look almost new 3-1/2 years since I installed them.

I don't know who told you they are cheap, do you mean the material is cheap? I know they are going to rust on the outside, I'm not concerned with that; I didn't get the stainless, and I realize the consequences.

As in, inexpensive. I've never even seen a set for a Mustang. I have no idea how the fitment is.

Kurt

So I got the PaceSetter headers in. Took a beginner, and an advanced gear head about 16 hours. Though there was no modification needed, there was a lot of stuff to take out, and move around. Worth it. Sound and throttle response way better. :nice:

16 hours doesn't sound unbelievable at all. There's a steep learning curve to getting them in. Once you have done it once though, it goes pretty quickly.

Kurt