Headlight Advice, Please Chime In!!!

'88Cobra

Oct 21, 2004
Hey guys. I'm looking at getting some new headlights for my car, and was thinking of the 3 piece ones with the clear face, euro look I think they're called. Being that my car is silver, I don't know whether I should go with the ones with the chrome background, or the black background? I like the look of the ones with the black back a lot more, but I'm worried that maybe the black might be too much of a contrast because my car's silver. What do you guys think??? Does anyone maybe have a pic of a silver fox with black headlights? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hope these pics help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 100
I personally like stock, however to each his own. I'd prefer the black but remember if night time driving is something you do, the black won't reflect the light out so the lighting will be much poorer. The chrome ones are ok if they look chrome like stock but not overly chrome like ricer import. Some are just more tasteful than others.

Most people tend not to go with euro lights on foxs because they don't fit the car. Now occasionally they flow well. But euro lights aren't exactly well fitting. If it's what you want then you should get it.
Just don't buy those gotti 'led' halo lights. -__-
I like the chrome backing ones and the stock oem looking ones that don't have the amber corners. They brighten up the front end of your car without making it look out of place.

Euro Headlights... On a Mustang.... Made in China...

You're making baby Jesus cry. :cry:

Honestly, I cannot think of a SINGLE instance where Euro lights of ANY kind, looked good on a Fox. Ever... images of Vanilla Ice getting his ass kicked in a dark alley are what comes to mind.

If that's the look you're after, then I might suggest getting a different car because you will not achieve the look you're going for. It will always look like it's been hacked together.

If you're looking for a change but also want something that fits with the style/shape of the car, take a look at the ultra-clears.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Product/List?keyword=ultra clear&year=1988

Personally, I like the clears with lighter color cars and the smoked with deeper/brilliant tones. If you're planning to run polished or chrome wheels at any point then get the clears. If you plan to runn painted wheels then maybe the smoked.

Attachments

• ultraclear.gif
    ultraclear.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 88
  • ultraclearsmoked.gif
    ultraclearsmoked.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 91
Reactions: 1 user
ultra clears +1.

My fox has euros on it (The three in a row lights) but they have blacked out covers over top, thus hiding the ugly chrome euro looking lights. Original owner did it, but since they're blacked out and can't tell it doesn't look have bad. Plus leaves the option open to splice in descending turn signal lights. ;)

Most people tend not to go with euro lights on foxs because they don't fit the car. Now occasionally they flow well. But euro lights aren't exactly well fitting. If it's what you want then you should get it.
Just don't buy those gotti 'led' halo lights. -__-
I like the chrome backing ones and the stock oem looking ones that don't have the amber corners. They brighten up the front end of your car without making it look out of place.
What is your opinion about LED lights?

What is your opinion about LED lights?
Not led lights, led halos. Ugliest thing ever, I had them on my car when I got the car and tossed them in a heartbeat. The have a the typical ring with Leds at the top and bottom that shine bright and show they're leds when you get close. It just doesn't look good or right. Not to mention the lens was coming off of one (quality of the product there) so they weren't even sturdy.

It's just not something I would put on a fox, I would consider Halos (real halogens) on an sn95 because of the body style. But on a fox I don't think it'll ever look right.