headlight bucket help

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by alextank8, Jul 14, 2011.

1. alextank8

alextank8 New Member

whats up guys, im 17 and am restoring a 67 coupe. i am in need of some help finding out how to disassemble the headlight buckets on a 67 coupe. I have all bolts out except for the one in the top. it seems like its under a bracket where i cannot get to. the reason is because i just bought two new bucket assemblies from cj pony parts.

thanks in advance to any help or advice

link to pics of my car here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61257094@N08/

also i was just curious as to what might have gone in the cut out hole in the drivers side rear fender in my pictures. i was thinking something with wires because of the way it was cut out but im not sure.
  2. JonK

JonK Member

I believe there is also a screw under the hood. If you have new buckets you should be able to compare them and go over every hole/stud to see that they're all off the car. I'll take a look at mine when I get home today. For the top one I had to use a 12" long 1/4" socket extender and a deep socket to get on it / get it off. Lots of dirt on that one, if you can get some WD-40 with an extension to it it will help get some of the crud to loosen so the socket has something to bite on.

My guess would be that hole in the rear quarter was for a large CB whip antenna mount, very popular in the '70's for reporting smokies.
    Jon