Headlight Housing and HID Qs

Im thinking of getting some new headlights since mine are pretty beat up. Im having trouble deciding which housings to get. Whether to get the clear corners, or the stock amber ones. They will def be the black housing btw. I kind of like the contrast of the amber on the DHG, but the clear corners would look pretty mean too. What do you guys think??

Also, I think im going to put some hids in from vvme, im soo tired of the mustangs crappy headlight output, im constantly rechecking to see if my headlights are even on at night. What temp are you all running? Im stuck between 6000k and 8000k. Any pics yall want to share? :D Also, is it worth the extra $40 for the dual beam kit vs the single beam kit?? If they are that bright is the highs even worth it?? I think i also heard somewhere the the high beam is halogen and not even as bright as the HID. Can someone shed some light for me, no pun intended....:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

the dual beam is all HID, there is no halogen in the kit. I'm like vvme's biggest fan around here and i have had no problems out of the products, i'll dig up some pix i have of different temps so you can see what you like, Currently i am using a 4500k set in the heads and 5000k in the fogs, i also bought different temps so i can change freely, i have 4500,6000,8000,&10000 for head lights and 5000,6000,8000,12000 for fogs. Let me know if you want to see specific combo

this is 6000 fog & 4500 head

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

Yep, vvme is pretty cheap. Another good place is ddmtuning.com. They are more expensive (~$80 i think, not sure about shipping) but offer a lifetime warranty. They also offer an upgrade to a 55 watt kit.

Thanks for all the pics tag4car. Is there a real big difference between the 6000k and 8000k? I know the 8000k is more blueish and has a little less light output. Basically i want to look at the car and know it has hids and not some crappy blue bulbs in them, but i still want a slight blue tint to the light, but not overwhelming. Im thinking the 6000k is close to the silverstars that i have now but brighter, is that correct?

Is it really worth the extra for the bi-xenon kit? I really dont use my brights too much. Would the low beams be bright enough for back road driving?

What do you guys think about the housings?? Clear or amber?? Anyone have pics of the clear corners in black housings?

Thanks for all the replies guys.

i'll grab some pix of my brothers gt tonight if i can, i have him setup with 6000k head and 8000k fogs, It is relatively blue yet still clean as far as image, his car is tru blue so the color is on par with you darkness wise.
I have the bixenon kit and even on low there is an impressive amount of output on low beam, when you set to high the bulbs actually retract into the lamp base allowing more light from the arc to shine onto the reflector wall, It does make a difference as the light's output field is raised

Shipping is ridiculous on the VVME kits. For me it is something like $30 for a headlight kit. I'm going with the ddmtuning kit in the near future, price will actually come out cheaper (bi-xenon model) from them. I'm also considering upgrading to their 55watt kit, haven't made that decision yet. Nice to know that the bi-xenon's do actually show better output on high, I've heard there was little to no difference.

Wait, so these HID kits fit in the stock housing? Is there any mods that need to be made? I really need something better for my Stangs lights as the smoked lenses make my Silverstars suck :notnice: I want something like my Mark VIII has, can see some very long distances with that cars HIDs :nice:
Where did you mount the ballest Tag?

The ballasts are tiny, you can really mount them anywhere.
How to install DDM tuning HID kit - SVTPerformance
Yes, these fit in stock housings. The light isn't directed as well as a vehicle equipped with OEM HID's, but from what I hear the output is much better. Some say you'll blind oncoming traffic, but most that have them say they've never been flashed by the other vehicles. Most point them down just a little to help with the glare. The only reported issue I've heard of is that some 96-98 Cobra owners (not sure if it effects others or not, just read about it in that section on SVTPerformance) have the ABS light come on. It does not effect the ABS at all, just triggers the light. This has only been a handful of cases, and if you turn on the lights prior to starting the car, no ABS light; it is only when they turn the lights on after the car is on.

VVME's stuff rocks and they have a pretty good warranty. I blew up a ballast and they took care of me. My only beef with them is that the grounds on the wiring harness are a little weak. Ive had to rewire both sides now. Prob my own fault though.

Oh yea, you'll have trouble finding a 893 fog light kit. However, you can use a 880 kit and it works perfectly. I forget the difference, something like it consumes a little less power than the 893 bulb, but it plugs in our wiring and is the same size as the 893 so it fits the housing.

:nice:all i know is be carefulll with some of the cheap chinese kits i have seen quite a few not last including vvme but ive only seen one problem with there kits which was NIB ballasts not turning on.for me i preffer the apexcone 55watt kits the best
there realitvly inexpensive and put out a sig differance comapred to the 35 watt
kits.i gave mine to my freind who has an 03 snake and he loves them.i think the bi-xenon is $185 shipped with a life time warrenty the kit i gave my freind is about a year onld and still is working great.if your looking at color temps 6000k is good you get a blue tint but good visability i personaly think 4500-5000k is the best you get a slight tint of blue but mainly its bright white and you get the best lumen output.as for the markers get amber it looks better unless your car is silver:nice:

Thanks for all the replies guys, i know this subject has been beaten to death...but what else do we have to do :rlaugh: I think im going to end up with the amber housings and 6000K single beam vvme HIDs. Save me a little money, since i dont use my high beams like ever.