Headlights are out, please help!

Ace44

Jun 16, 2004
What to say, what to say...I hate all this electrical crap modern cars seem to be entirely comprised of....So my headlights and foglights aren't working anymore, they've decided that's not cool for them so they're on vacation or something. I was wiring in some white face glow gauges on the new GT (I used to be an avid sixer and miss my old setup) and everything went well until I took it out for a spin and realized that the speedometer was stuck....So I took it apart again and 3M double taped it down, correcting the speedo prob. New prob arises- The glow gauges no longer work, and not only that but the only way I can get any headlights on at all is to pull the knob to it's furthest setting and even then there is no factory cluster illumination. I removed the gauges and all associated wiring, but to no avail I still had the light issue. Thinking it may be the headlamp switch, I swapped it out for an identical unit but it still had the same problem. If anyone out there knows what the hell I' dealing with here (On a 99 GT, by the way) I'd be forever indebted to you for sharing your knowledge with me, as I'm far too stubborn to pay anyone to work on my own car when I'm fully capable of fixing it myself! Help me please!!!

• Sponsors (?)