HEADLIGHTS

hey I'm looking at finally getting rid of the original lights in my car! I'm looking at the euro clear 6 piece diamond clear lights ! and the new halo projector lights! now my question is ! is anybody here running either or? and if so what are your thoughts on these? i know the euro lights will give off plenty of light but the halo projector lights I'm not sure of! on the eBay site they don't look like they give off much light!! am i wrong? if anyone has any info on these it would be appreciated! id like to get the halo lights cause no one around here has them yet! but not if they don't give off good light! thanks :canada:

• Sponsors (?)

You are right, the projectors don't give as much light off as the normal reflector style lights.

The clear lens lights are even brighter than the diffuser style lenses.

coool man thanks for the fast post ! i kinda figured that the projectors didn't give off as much light! it didn't looking like it in the pic , they look trick but i want function ability as well! ive got my finger on the buy it now button and its iching to buy them ....lol!!!! the clear ones that is!

If you want even brighter lights, you can wire up a wiring harness that will use the stock headlight harness to trigger relays which pump battery power directly from the battery to the bulbs. The result is a brighter light bulb. That mod plus clear lenses will give you the brighter (legal) stock headlights on a Mustang

that's good to know!! but i kinda want to get rid of the stock lights and go with the newer clear ones ! they look a lot better! this harness how do you do it ? just out of curiosity? oh and which clear ones would you go for? the 6 pieces or the new one piece style?

It is tech now.

All the harness is is two relays. I would use two Bosch 75A relays. One for the high beams and one for the low beams. If you search Ebay, you can find 9004 headlight MALE harnesses. You plug one into one headlight harness and now you have 3 wires for your ground, high beam and low beam without having to cut your stock harness.

You don't need the ground, but the high and low beam wires are now your trigger wires for the relay. Simply wire these to the relays on the triggering side and then ground the other side. Now when you use either the high or low beams, this will trigger the relay.

Powering the lights is just a matter ot using some 10g wiring from the battery (or POS side of the solenoid) and running them to the switched leg of the relay and then the other side going out to the headlights.

Buy some 9004 FEMALE harnesses either at local parts store or ebay and plug those into your headlights. Ground the ground wire and wire the hgih and low beams up to the relays and you should be good to go.

Basically this
headlight-relays.gif

Attachments

• headlight-relays.gif
    headlight-relays.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 29
i love the projectors on mine... it was a big project.. kinda... but it turned out awesome... the clear lenses look amazing... mustang5l5 helped me out with my swap... big big difference and amazing results... i used smoked lenses, they look good, but dont have near the output of a clear lense.