Heads w/ exhasut question.

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
stangnetteerz

as few would know im going to be ordering a magnaflow catback. and keeping the stock h-pipe until other things are done.( please dont worry about the stock h-pipe,i dont want to spend the money on an off road right now,but will eventually buy one!)

my main concern is heads, if i get a set of heads..maybe some pro comps or gt40's
and have to get long tube headers to compensate for the plug relocation. im assuming the stock h pipe wouldnt work.:rolleyes:
but thats why im asking. and if long tubes are diff. i would have to get long tube header O/R h or x pipe......then i would that mess up the cat back? im trying to buy parts that will work for my final product.(like how im ordering an lx kit, with hopes of a cobra rear bumper down the road). i dont want to spen 400.00 on a catback and then 200.00 on a pipe and wont be able to use them....now if longtube headers are the same lenght to the h-pipe than i guess i would be fine.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

The only plug that i know of that is in need of a special header is that on the GT40P heads, but in this case a shorty header is also made to clear the plug.

Some higher end heads will require special headers due to raised ports or special bolt patterns.

I would not suggest longtubes as the increased milli seconds from the time the exaust leaves the cylinder to the time it reaches the 02 sensor is increased over the stock location and throws the computer off.

That being said, yes your catback should bolt right up wether you have a short or long tube system.