Fox Hearing A Lot Of Different Stuff About 8.8s...

Undeadknight26

May 19, 2013
Florida
Hey guys! I plan on getting rid of my 4 lug cobra r wheels later on and was just thinking about upgrading the suspension. As of right now it has a 7.5 with 3.55 gears and was thinking of going either of the three options below:
8.8 with 4.10 gears and posi from a SN95
8.8 with 4.10 gears and posi from a Fox body
7.5 with 4.10 gears and a posi
When making this decision my initial intention was to go 8.8 from a SN95 because I've heard that they help the suspension ride etc. Although I've also heard many people say it doesn't do anything and to just stick with the 8.8 from a fox body. Since I'm getting rid of my wheels I really don't care about lug pattern, can always either get a set of 4 lug or 5 lug later. So I guess the initial question I meant to ask would be: Are the SN95 8.8 Suspensions a lot better than Fox body 8.8s? The gears don't matter since I'm switching them out, but then again I don't really have that much knowledge when it comes to cars as this is my first car. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys! I plan on getting rid of my 4 lug cobra r wheels later on and was just thinking about upgrading the suspension. As of right now it has a 7.5 with 3.55 gears and was thinking of going either of the three options below:
8.8 with 4.10 gears and posi from a SN95
8.8 with 4.10 gears and posi from a Fox body
7.5 with 4.10 gears and a posi
When making this decision my initial intention was to go 8.8 from a SN95 because I've heard that they help the suspension ride etc. Although I've also heard many people say it doesn't do anything and to just stick with the 8.8 from a fox body. Since I'm getting rid of my wheels I really don't care about lug pattern, can always either get a set of 4 lug or 5 lug later. So I guess the initial question I meant to ask would be: Are the SN95 8.8 Suspensions a lot better than Fox body 8.8s? The gears don't matter since I'm switching them out, but then again I don't really have that much knowledge when it comes to cars as this is my first car. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

There is no difference in suspension between the two cars. The sn axle is a little bit wider and can cause clearance issues on a fox if you don't offset your wheels properly. They do work, though. A lot of folks run them. Upside is the disc brakes are already there.

The disc brackets push the wheels out. Other than that they are practically the same. Unless you are running some really weird wheels you most likely won't even notice.

Sn95 stuff will require a Master Cylinder and booster upgrade. If you do rear disc (Sn95 rearend) you will obviously need to swap the fronts too. If you stick with the fox rearend, you will need no other upgrades.

Joe