Heartbroken...

• Sponsors (?)

Yea thats what my parents said, cars are replaceable limbs arent. Im 95% sure theyre going to total it. Its worth around $7000 maybe? the estimate the cop wrote was $7000 on the dot but theyre usually off so well see in a day or two what the adjuster says.

Good luck, don't just settle for a low-ball offer. If they come with something you don't like, start looking for comparable GT's for sale around the same year and mileage (the higher priced ones) and say that you are looking for a fair settlement that matches what those cars are being sold for.

How many miles? I'd be LUCKY to get 5k for my 2000... it has 143k on it and is modded, hardly anyone would want it.

you sir have a right to negotiate with the insurance company. do not settle for a bullsheet deal. youve got to mention everything to them that you put extra and if you have any receipts that would be great help. glad you are ok though, at least she died with pride hehe.

I've been there, but in a much worse accident. You will learn from your mistake in this situation, and be more cautious.

Don't hang your head low, many of us have lost cars. You will replace it, and the building process will start again. You have your entire life to own cars, and the fact that you got through this one without serious injury or death is a blessing in itself. Good luck

Mark

I've been there, but in a much worse accident. You will learn from your mistake in this situation, and be more cautious.

Don't hang your head low, many of us have lost cars. You will replace it, and the building process will start again. You have your entire life to own cars, and the fact that you got through this one without serious injury or death is a blessing in itself. Good luck

Mark

+1

in 2000 someone hit and totaled my "off the showroom floor" one week old Z28 LS1
dark navy blue metallic gone but never forgotten

that car is not as bad as it looks just needs new core support, radiator, hood, bumper,lights
or use this opportunity to get an 2011 5.0:D

Oh the memories!

I just went through that whole "car accident" garbage. Simply from the pics alone, mine was not as serious as yours......and my total damage bill was $5500 (and I have an 02).

It's pretty obvious that you'll be totaled. I hope you get a decent settlement!

Good luck, don't just settle for a low-ball offer. If they come with something you don't like, start looking for comparable GT's for sale around the same year and mileage (the higher priced ones) and say that you are looking for a fair settlement that matches what those cars are being sold for.

How many miles? I'd be LUCKY to get 5k for my 2000... it has 143k on it and is modded, hardly anyone would want it.

haha i just hit 120k so mine isnt going to be that much more than yours lol. ill try to look for a similar one, but its just not the same...

Sorry about your loss, starting over is never any fun, at least at first.

Glad to know that no one got hurt though.

Um, just a quick question, how fast were you going?

I really dont remember, I wanna say 35-40? the thing is when i hit the first car, as i slamming on the brakes, it jolted me and made me lose my footing and my foot slowly fell off the brake onto the gas and thats what pretty much propelled me into the tree.

in 2000 someone hit and totaled my "off the showroom floor" one week old Z28 LS1
dark navy blue metallic gone but never forgotten

that car is not as bad as it looks just needs new core support, radiator, hood, bumper,lights
or use this opportunity to get an 2011 5.0:D

hahaha that would be sick, but i dont think the money from the accident would cover the 5.0 haha. whatever im getting back, thats how much i have towards a new car.

And if they dont total it (which im pretty sure they will) insurance will probably have to drop a new motor in it. That wouldnt make my weekend, it would make my life.

But thanks guys, i appreciate all your concern I will keep everyone updated as the insurance goes through and my next possible car/stang.

Its been raining all day down here in South Florida, what part of florida are you in. Traffic has been pretty backed and bad.

I actually Live in south florida (ft lauderdale area) but right now im up in orlando going to UCF for school. the weather has been horrible here too, but it wasnt raining when it happened.

this morning i went to the yard and took some pics, here you guys go.

Crash pictures by stang1590 - Photobucket

Yeah, any hopes you may have had of it not being totalled died the moment the airbags deployed. That is at least $1200 right there before you touch anything else...if they decide to fix it do NOT allow them to use aftermarket parts on the car as my insurance company tried to get me to do on my car. I paid extra and went all OEM except the hood which came from cervinis.

I say get a v6 (cheap insurance) then build you a nice motor on the side and put it in, that way you get your car back and more and keep the receipts incase this happens again..

You think insurance is going to cover you building a race car out of v6 beater, then pay you for it when you wreck it?:rlaugh: That's not very good advice.