Heat not working

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
I have a problem with the heat barely blowing from the vents. The blower turns on and I hear it, but I barely feel the heat. It will blow harder when put on floor or defroster. The heat also isnt that hot even with the car at full operating temperature. I checked the firewall vacuum line and its fine. I checked the lines on the actual vent controller and they seem fine. What the hell is wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

I see you live in NY. What thermostat are you running. If it not a 192 I suggest you put in a 192 for the winter. This will give you heat. If you are running a 192 then check your RADIATOR fluid. If it low you may not be getting fluid into your heater core.
If you have lots of coolant then I suggest taking your thermostat out and taking a look at it. It may be stuck closed.

Well, the car has an electric fan and by leaving it off, it will get to 200* if I want it too and the air still comes out not too warm. Main problem is the air doesnt come out hard really and it barely comes out on vent. I have a 180* stat.

maybe the trap doors arnt working right. I had to adjust my cable for the heat cool nob cause it didnt close all the way on heat and was pulling cool air. Maybe check the vac lin that goes thru the fire wall make sure its operational

reread the complaint I would definatly look for a vac leak it sounds like maybe your vac line is broke keeping it from switching. Normally it will blow on floor and defrost if the line breaks.

im having the same problem, new heater core, no heat, im pretty sure its the trap door stuck open or something, i am gonna take a look at it when i get a chance, im not driving it right now anyway so i havnt looked at it.

If you are not getting hot air and you have a 192 thermo in it ,your heater core could be stopped up. Take the lines off the water pump and use a water hose to back flush your heater core make sure to take both lines off so it will run out instead of running back into the engine. Spray water into it back and fourth a couple of times that will clean it out. If that doesnt work you will probably have to take the dash apart to find the problem and that is one hell of a job. Good luck