Heater/ac Plumbing Diagram

Tim Levasseur

Oct 2, 2016
New to the forum. New owner o a very clean silver 85 LX Vert 5.0 TBI. I'm trying to right a few wrongs done by the previous owner. One of the biggest items is getting the heat going again. All coolant lines were bypassed and the heater core was capped off. Where can I go to find out what goes back to where, plumbing wise, so I can get it fired up again? There is a heater core in it and I haven't confirmed its state yet. The AC has been deleted but at some point, down the road, I will reinstall that too. Are there any publications that would offer a diagram for such? Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

I'm going to move your thread to the '79-'95 tech subforum. You should get help there.

Simple answer is to buy a chilton or haynes manual. They don't cover every detail of our cars, but a pretty good listing at least.

I bought a set of ford service manuals off of ebay for $74. They're year specific. They will help you with pictures routings of wiring, vacuum lines, etc....

It wouldn't hurt to include a couple pictures of your engine bay to show how the heater core was bypassed.

I would guarantee that the PO did this because the core was leaking. It's a bit of a PITA to put a new heater core in. It's not difficult, just takes a bit of disassembly and reassembly. It's a whole day job when giving the appropriate amount of time for mandatory beer breaks while doing this.

It's good to have you with us.