Heater controls are dead?

I got all the lines hooked back up and went to try it and nothing. Its like a fuse blew but theres juice from the plug that goes to the on off switch. When i try anything on the heater and ac control panel its all dead. Please help with any troubleshooting you can think of. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

not sure what you meen? there is nothing from the controls, no fan nothing. every dial is dead. the only thing i could think of is that since the cars charging system doesnt work when the gauge cluster is out, maybe the heater controls are in the loop also? i dont know, im lost. going to work more on it today.

i guess im calling them the wrong name. on the dash controls im refering to the knobs that say off floor and mix. the other one says hi through low. the power i found goes to the switch that says off floor and mix.

The ones that say off floor mix areran off a vacume line comming threw the firewall,the fan is powered and the whole assembly is powered for lights.The hot/cold has like a hood release cable to it....So if the selector switch (floor defrost etc) dont work i bet it's the vac line.Also if there is no vac and you dont still have the vac canister thingy still they wont work till you start the car.peace

john:p

problem solved!

i never would of guessed this but it was the ignition switch. 11 bucks for the part and i bought the security torx bits but it solved almost everything. turn signals werent working also. i dug around some more and found that answer on another forum. iam grateful for everyone that replied and took time out of there day to help me. this is a great forum and happy to be a part of it!

FWIW, turn signals, the radio and HVAC fan being inoperative are three symptoms of a bad ignition switch.