Engine Heater Hose Keeps Blowing

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Clayton302, May 14, 2013.

1. Clayton302

Clayton302 Member

I may be posting a bit early but here is the issue: The inlet heater hose keeps blowing.

Possible cause:
    1. I have a 7.5 inch lower pulley that spins everything faster than factory including the water pump. This could cause the water pump to push to much water.
    2. A leaky intake manifold gasket. This could cause the air from the blower (16 psi) to go into the water passage and blow the hose.
    3. Blown head gasket, same as #2 but with cylinder pressure. I hope this is not the case. The heads are studded but I feel this to be the most likely.

There is no sign of a blown head gasket (oil is clear, car doesn't over heat, and coolant looks clean) but it could only leak at full throttle when cylinder pressure is highest.

The blower is off right now and I plan to replace the old intake manifold gaskets in the hope that is the issue. I am also dropping the boost level 5 psi for the hot summer 105+ all summer long:flame:

Has anyone else had this issue?? Are there methods to test for a leaky head gasket like checking the coolant for carbon or the exhaust for coolant? I have not checked the compression yet and will do so in the next week and report back.