HEeehlp me!

So yeah the car has been acting funny. Hard starts and low battery charge....and then hesitating a bit, now a lot and now the rpms jump up and down while I accelerate. On the other hand it idles solid, it only acts up while I accelerate. Its almost like its choking. I replaced the battery and spark plugs. Could it be the fuel pump, could it be injectors, could it be fuel filter? Right now its not even drivable. I barely made it back from the gas station at 15 mph, while the car was choking and hesitating. I checked the oil, it seems okay, no other leaks like head leaks. Put the car in neutral and rev it up and it does the same thing, so its not the tranny. Any reminiscent ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Pull KOEO codes.

Watch fuel pressure while it runs like crap.

Check for misfires with an inductive timing light while it idles like crap.

Check your TPS for a break in the signal return.

Some checks like that will help narrow it down.

Good luck.

Distributor was the problem.

After fuel filter, fuel system treatment, spark plugs, plug wires, dist. cap/rotor and oil change (pretty much full tune-up)...my problem was my distributor. I had a re-built one put in and my car runs better than ever now. Runs like a top. So yeah bad distributor just thought I'd let you know. Thanks for your replies. :nice: