Hellion Turbo...what To Do Next?

Randy281

Oct 10, 2012
I have a 2007 GT with a 76mm hellion turbo system. I've done some suspension work and a few other bolt on stuff. I'm keeping the boost low right now to keep from blowing the engine. However, now I'd like to start building the car to handle higher boost. So where should I start? I know I'll have to get forged internals, any suggestions on which ones, and what else do I need to beef up the engine to handle the boost?

• Sponsors (?)

The fuel system (pump and injectors) if not already done. The stock clutch, if you still have it, would not last long. If you don't drag race with slicks, the transmission should be ok if you don't abuse it. Make sure you do research and get a good builder and tuner, don't shop on price alone. There are plenty of horror stories out there about people having very expensive experiences with engine builders and tuners that don't know what they are doing.

i already have the GT500 dual fuel pump and 63lb injectors. i also have a spec aluminum flywheel and stage 3 clutch, and an sct tuner....i'm really just looking at engine build stuff...like what i need besides forged internals, in order to up the boost like i want.

As far as the engine goes, one of the best bang for the buck shortblocks is the Brenspeed B326 for $4895. You can sell your stock shortblock to recoup some of the cost. You also will need a new trans. If you build the engine and start making real power, that Spec clutch will twist the input shaft off that trans. Either get the new T56 Magnum or go with a 6060 swap.

Earl