Helllpppppppp with 5.0 swap

93GreenLX

Founding Member
Aug 22, 2002
Southern Maryland
I've got a 93 LX 2.3 and am swapping from an 88 GT 5.0. All wiring is being used from the 88 from the computer forward. Everything is done(basically) went to turn her over and there's no fuel pump whining. Also should the coil be hot(not temperature type) when cranking because its not. It's almost 8 and we have been out there since 4 yesterday afternoon, didn't even sleep last night except when I was in the middle of unbolting something and fell asleep with the wrench in my hand....anyway. What could cause this. Wiring has been checked 3 times. Cutoff switch is not tripped. Cannot locate the fuel pump relay to check it however. Can I be directed to wiring diagrams for both the 88GT donor and my 93 LX? Where is the relay for the fuel pump? What else could it be?

• Sponsors (?)

Your fuel pump relay is under the drivers seat. Sounds to me like you missed something simple. Did you ground the computer? did you hook up the adjacent conectors to the computer (chasis wiring plugs right beside the cpu). The two pink wires coming out of the relay under the drivers seat are the fuel pump power wires. Did you connect the engine to the firewall via a ground strap? did you ground the injectors? check the resistance in your coil and make sure you didnt ground the tach wire (green wire on the coil). If you did go buy a new coil. If you can't solve your fuel pump problems you can connect the pink wires under the driver seat to the fuse in the panel marked (carburator circuit) it is a switched source that is live during cranking. Hope some of this helps (I just finished doing something similiar).

Also there is a relay connected to the 5.0 computers right beside it that isn't on the 4 cyl systems did you salvage that as well?