Hello Everyone And Welcome To Stangnet!

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
I just wanted to make an introduction thread of my own (I'm not certain that I ever have).

I'm Noobz (Kyle if you must but I prefer Noobz) and I've been on Stangnet on and off for a pretty good while (ignore my join date, it's a fictitious number for my account and a long story). More recently though, and as a member, I started taking a HUGE interest in even more than just the forum content. I became interested in how it ran, what it did, and what could be done to keep it as great as I thought it was while keeping an eye to see if I could tweak it a little to make it better. It became a hobby.

I try and help to keep things running smoothly as they possibly can. It's not always as difficult as you might think. I often just have to be the guy that makes a phone call to the folks that do the heavy lifting. So I spend a lot of time learning about how things get broken and how to either fix or work around those issues. I try to keep the forum both UP and RUNNING. I call myself the Janitor because I can not think of a better description than that. :p Over time this resulted in my getting to play with more and more of the features and was trusted with a few more abilities to help administer the forum. Needless to say, I became as addicted to this as I am to Mustangs.

We have a few other guys around that all do their parts because of their interest in this forum. They also know a great deal about how this forum works and operates.

Always though, if you are having some technical problem with the forum and cannot find a resolution, please feel free to holler (private message) at me. Depending on life, it could sometimes take me a bit to look into an issue but I always return my calls. Don't feel like you're bothering anyone... It's the opposite. I prefer the questions, comments, and discussion about the performance of the forum itself. So hit me up. Forum members find and identify stuff that I had not noticed pretty frequently. We've also integrated MANY member suggestions into how things operate.

Please though... Post your questions here first: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/forums/feedback-area-testing-zone.3/

As I mentioned before, there's lots of folks here that can help and know a lot about how the forum works. They all monitor this particular forum for technical problems as I do. It's also a great place to come just to test something out you might want to try. Hell, I've used it to format a new thread before sending it to it's final destination.

If you got this far in this post then I applaud you. LOL I'm occasionally long winded.

Hit me up if you need some help. :)

Oh and FREE POST for anyone who cares to help keep my thread alive. :D

• Sponsors (?)

uploadfromtaptalk1417569333267.jpg

Good. Cookies. Yes. Anyway I'm on my maiden Mustang voyage, after trading and selling 2, count em, 2 Camaro's. A '15 S with automatic, and a '17 RS with automatic. I'm not wealthy at all, but after our dad died a few years ago, my brother and I bought cars with some of the inheritance. When our parents were alive they'd occasionally say "when we die, you ar going to buy cars right?" And we'd reply-"of course"
My bro bought a '16 GT and still has it. I on the other hand went the Camaro route. But- NOBODY told me- not even my brother, that a stick V8 was the real deal for fun. So through a series of needing some money to help a family member out I sold the RS and kept a chunk of the money aside to get some kind of used fun car. On 1/3/20 it showed up locally ( after scouring the internet for weeks for Mustangs ). Too long of a story. A fun story. SO..I have this nice 06 GT convertible with manual transmission, with 75,000 miles, with some aftermarket goodies ( no cookies ) done by the previous owners, that is amazing fun. I took it to a place semi-locally, the "Mustang Barn" to have it evaluated and address some things that were needed to heal it. I'm not a mechanic or mechanically inclined at all!
When I learn how to do stuff on this forum, I'll post a picture or 2.

Reactions: 1 user