Hello. Just a little update.

94GTCoupe

10 Year Member
May 7, 2006
CA
Hi guys.
i've not been posting too much here.
but i lurk every day.
just thought i would give a little update.

first,its been almost a year since shes left.
this is what she did to the car i bought,and let her take.
shes ok,just now has no car.
(i could have easily fixed it,but didnt)

IMG_20110331_114259.jpg

the Mishimoto started leaking,again.(my fourth.)
i called up Mishimoto and explained i was tired of swapping out radiators,and asked for a refund.
they happily gave me a full refund.
Mishimoto,great customer service.
if they ever solve the mustang problem,i will be back.
in the mean time,i got a spectra stock replacement from autozone.
$120.

IMG_20110521_154356.jpg

IMG_20110521_153828.jpg

with the leftover cash,i upgraded my fuel pump.
BBK 190lb from americanmuscle.com

IMG_20110529_143313.jpg

IMG_20110529_143546.jpg

also,been getting my Tubular GT40 intake ready to install.
not the best looking one,but that doesnt really matter to me.
paint is VHT Wrinkle Plus rattle can.
had to trim the egr valve and mount to clear the valve cover.
i cant use a spacer.(stupid California!)
the alt clears fine.
the top coolant tube hits the cover,so i cut it off.
i will use a length of heater hose in its place.

IMG_20110522_170717.jpg

IMG_20110530_133916.jpg

IMG_20110530_133843.jpg

IMG_20110530_133835.jpg

IMG_20110527_104537.jpg

IMG_20110527_104525.jpg

IMG_20110527_104452.jpg

IMG_20110527_104801.jpg

got a new shifter boot/bezal from a wrecked 01 GT yesterday.

i will be painting it to match our black,i'll use SEM Landue Black.
IMG_20110603_115650.jpg

non-mustang related.

dude came by work in a Viper GTS yesterday.
looked and sounded sweet!

IMG_20110603_143548.jpg

and i have really been enjoying shooting.
but ammo is expensive!

IMG_20110520_111318.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Its been a while man! Looks like you have found constructive ways to move on with your business. What kind of gun do you have there? Ive recently gotten into guns myself. I went a bought a Beretta PX4 .40 cal, Glock 26 sub compact (carry gun), and a Seiga AK. Ive had a lot of fun at the range with them, but yes ammo adds up fast. Its good to see you posting bud.

Haha, thats always a nice surprise. I had fun shooting against a National Guard buddy back on leave. We were dead even with handguns, but then he capped a Mountain Dew can at 200 yards with open sights on a AR-15, and I was 3-5 feet away in every direction. What all do you have going on with your engine? Just a clean up and adding the tubular intake, or did you do any cam/head work too? There were a few months where I wasnt on here much too, and maybe missed something.

Gun thread too, alrighty. I try to hit the range a few times per month.

Yes, that's a S&W 500 revolver. You can see in the video the shockwave is very strong. It blew the stacked ammo boxes down behind me.

Some of the guns- H&K USP .45 Compact, Kimberly 1911, S&W Sigma 40, Taurus 1911, few Glocks.

f85338be.jpg

Here is the video, check out the 4 foot fireball during each shot.
YouTube - ‪Smith & Wesson 500‬‏

Its been a while man! Looks like you have found constructive ways to move on with your business. What kind of gun do you have there? Ive recently gotten into guns myself. I went a bought a Beretta PX4 .40 cal, Glock 26 sub compact (carry gun), and a Seiga AK. Ive had a lot of fun at the range with them, but yes ammo adds up fast. Its good to see you posting bud.
What model Saiga?? I've got an SGL-21. It's a mostly Russian AK that shoots like an absolute DREAM. Planning on a Colt AR next!

davis3, I've seen your write-ups before - good to see you're doing well. :nice: Those Mishimotos are crazy. I can't imagine why they haven't fixed the issues with them yet! As for expensive ammo, my daily go-to is a Glock 31 (full size .357 SIG) which I can almost HEAR the money going down the range every time I pull the trigger. :( Good to hear from you!

95bluestallion,just the intake as of now.
Had a couple sets of GT40 heads,but I sold them.
Keeping an eye out for another set.

94gtfreak,yep FR500's.
Towards the end of last year,I had an "issue" with my pass front 95 Cobra R wheel.
Figured it was time to change things up.
Got a great deal from LRS.
$1000 for 10.5in rear, 9in front with tires.

Some people have good luck with those Mishimoto's.
Not me,obviously.

I use Federal .40 cal.
$16 after taxes per 50 round box at WallyWorld.
Not super expensive,but ammo goes fast at The Range!

I use Federal .40 cal.
$16 after taxes per 50 round box at WallyWorld.
Not super expensive,but ammo goes fast at The Range!
That price isn't that bad at all! But yeah, it definitely goes fast. I just ordered 1k rounds of Federal FMJ's for range use for my Glock. It was like $380. :( The AK is even worse at the range! 30 round mags seem to go by so much quicker than 15! :rlaugh: Luckily I get my AK ammo in bulk from Tula. A case of 1k rounds for $220 shipped! :nice:

EDIT! How do you like the .40 btw?? Been scoping out a niccce .40 at the local shop, and it'd make a great addition.

Good seeing members returning...

Speaking of firearms...picked up a g22 last year that was a LEO trade in, then got a S&W M&P15 as a birthday gift to myself for $650. I traded my Pro-stars for a Romanian parts kit/build (has a crap receiver and plan on having a NODAK/Spud receiver installed), I just got a S&W bodyguard .380 last week and have a nickle RIA tactical on back order.

Those M&P's are nice, I hope to get a compact but in 9mm.

302gts,I might be the wrong person to ask.
First handgun I've owned or shot.
I think the recoil is fine,seems pretty accurate too.
No jamming or fail to fires,when I shoot.
About 700 rounds through it.

Adam,the accessory brackets a packed and ready to ship!
Haha, j/k!

302gts,I might be the wrong person to ask.
First handgun I've owned or shot.
I think the recoil is fine,seems pretty accurate too.
No jamming or fail to fires,when I shoot.
About 700 rounds through it.

Adam,the accessory brackets a packed and ready to ship!
Haha, j/k!

Glad to hear everything is going well dude...

Seriously send them... I have to get my name out some how. I have black textured and sparkle textured silver take your pick.
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/cjr2003firefly2/Louie 88 Notch/100_5800.jpg

What model Saiga?? I've got an SGL-21. It's a mostly Russian AK that shoots like an absolute DREAM. Planning on a Colt AR next!

davis3, I've seen your write-ups before - good to see you're doing well. :nice: Those Mishimotos are crazy. I can't imagine why they haven't fixed the issues with them yet! As for expensive ammo, my daily go-to is a Glock 31 (full size .357 SIG) which I can almost HEAR the money going down the range every time I pull the trigger. :( Good to hear from you!

Its a Saiga 7.62. Just for ****s and giggles, here is a pic of it with my Mossberg.

View attachment 187216

Glock

View attachment 187217

Beretta

View attachment 187218

I love them all, and 302GTS, you are right about the AK ammo going fast. Especially if you let your friends come to shoot. Guns like that attract attention.

Sorry for hijacking Harvey, just thought Id show yall what I was working with too. :flag:

Never seen that Beretta before, not bad. When I think Beretta I see heavy all metal 92 in my mind.

My H&K .45.
View attachment 187214

My carry S&W Sigma .40
View attachment 187215

If you've never shot a 1911 it will change your life. The 1911 just celebrated its 100 year anniversary. There are over 140 companies that make 1911's. They are used in most professional venues because they have zero recoil in 45 caliber. They range from $399-$3000. Pick up one you will be pleased.

After you have shot .45 esp. in a 1911 you will see why people say the .40 has a "snappy" recoil.

.40 is not bad but again "snappy", usually with a heavier gun recoil is reduced as there is more gun that has to be moved (equal and opposite effect). For some reason to me the .40 is always "snappier" than other calibers in like model firearms. I really only have Glock and M&P as examples though.

Here is my carry...or will be when I get the permit. Taking the class July 16th if all goes as planned.

View attachment 187213