Hello. Just a little update.

Never seen that Beretta before, not bad. When I think Beretta I see heavy all metal 92 in my mind.

My H&K .45.
View attachment 187211

My carry S&W Sigma .40
View attachment 187212

If you've never shot a 1911 it will change your life. The 1911 just celebrated its 100 year anniversary. There are over 140 companies that make 1911's. They are used in most professional venues because they have zero recoil in 45 caliber. They range from $399-$3000. Pick up one you will be pleased.

My buddy from the Guard was able to get military issued 1911's for cheap, but I passed it up since I already have two handguns. Now you are making me regret that. Ive never shot one, but now I want to! My Beretta is a PX4 Storm and is not quite a year old yet. The .40 does pack a lot more punch than my little 9mm, but Ive never shot it back to back with a .45 to be able to compare recoil.

• Sponsors (?)

Vibrant, I really like that S&W Sigma! Sorry if I missed it in your posts, but how much did that run you?? I was looking at an F&P .40 that's going for $5.70 right now, and depending on price I wouldn't mind checking out an S&W like that instead! Good looking grips on it, too.

What you see in that picture is under $300 total. I was carrying the H&K to work every day. I was so nervous that I would drop it or leave somewhere because they cost over $900. So I started looking for a carry gun. As many explained already the smaller the gun then stronger the recoil. I wanted a carry gun that was very affordable, 13+ shots in the magazin and lifetime warranty. With these options it boiled down to the American companies like Taurus, Smith & Wesson, etc. Hit the gun show and did all my research with the criteria mentioned. Picked up the Sigma for $249.99, bought the Hogue grip for $12 and 250ft laser for $35. The Trigger is pretty far so a few days later I called S&W and told them in case of an emergency I would grab the H&K over the Sigma. They did not like that and the next day they sent over a prepaid FedEx envelope. They did a few hundred dollars of machine work on the trigger for free. So I have a custom Sigma for less than $300. Don't know if you know but the Sigma is an exact copy of the Glock .40. So much so they were sued and lost. They had to pay Glock a patent settlement. It's now a custom Glock with a lifetime warranty for $300 which is unbeatable.

As for the 1911 I've been on a kick for awhile. I would shoot Rogers (Green94 5.0) Kimber 1911 which costs over $1299. Had a buddy who has a Taurus 1911. Long story short I picked up the Taurus 1911 (pictured above) for $399 with a lifetime warranty. Another deal that I could not pass up. If you shoot one like I said its no wonder its been around for 100 years and why its used in professional competition. It's a .45 with next to nothing recoil. Go shoot one now, its that good. The deal was so good we got two.

View attachment 187182

Sigma with tactical light.
View attachment 187183

Damn, that sucks about the car. :( Oh well, at least she's all good.

Yes, he bought FR500s staggered. I'm jealous. Although, I keep him jealous with the paint. So we kind of keep each other trying to out do the other. Haha.

Lookin' good Harv!

Ah, a thread with mustangs, guns, and ammo. Nice. :)

Lovely looking S&W Bodyguard .380 blksn955.o you got there - I'm considering picking one up as a "summer/warm-weather" carry pistol later this summer.

Has yours had any issues with the takedown lever (?) flying out while shooting or is it's serial number not among those affected...? :shrug:

I read that S&W has fixed the ones that were suffering from that flaw for owners and that the new ones leaving the factory apparently do not have this problem.

That "problem" is the one item that is making me hesitant about buying one right now - I might wait a lttle longer until more feedback about how the "fixed" pistols (and correct ones leaving the factory) are faring.

:cheers:

have not shot it yet...hope too soon. Weather and range hours are not helping any.

Mine was brand new and has a manufacturer date of like 4/21/2011. The issues seem to be like most firearms in the early serial numbers and mine should be a bit outside of that range. The take down lever is a PITA to remove I really doubt it will have any ability to work itself out. I have to use something to help me even move it enough to get into position to remove the take down.

Wife held the bodyguard and it really fits her small-er hands well.

Even if there are issues...S&W have a long history of standing behind their product.

Shot the .380 Bodyguard yesterday. Compared to the Ruger LCP it was night and day better. The felt recoil was less, the impact of what was felt was not the sting to the webbing/crease/V that is the gap between the thumb and index finger just a push. The laser was close enough out of the box at 7yds I am not messing with it. After shooting 2 mags through the LCP I simply had no desire to shoot it more or even purchase one...the S&W bodyguard was the exact opposite...I could shoot it just as much as any other polymer pistol.

Shot only about 40-50rnds, also shot a Walther PK380, recoil was only marginally more comparing the PK380 (and if you have shot a PK380 you know its recoil is marginally more than pointing your finger and saying bang) to the S&W Bodyguard .380. Shot 100rnds total. No issues with the Bodyguard.

It did take about 8rnds to figure out the trigger. Best results were to pull 80% or so to get the take up out of the trigger and then get the sights lined up easing the rest of the trigger until it broke/fired. The trigger is hard and long but consistent and for a drop in the pocket pistol, I think a hard and long trigger pull is exactly what the pistol should have.

I will be going out and shooting probably another 100-200rnds just with the Bodyguard in the foreseeable future as a co-worker who I go shooting with simply needs to shoot this (I insist and he really wants to shoot it). He is the one who let me shoot his LCP and reloads so we will probably shoot another 100rnds of factory (mixing in some JHP with the majority being FMJ) and then reloads to start seeing if the bodyguard has any ammo preference.