hello new to this forum, doing a 5.0 swap

hello i'm new here and i wanted to ask a few questions to anyone who has done a 5.0 swap. first, would the stock 88 cougar exhaust manifolds fit in my 78 cobra ii? second, what is a better tranny, c4 or aod? and finally can i use the fuel sending unit off a 74 v6 or is there something wrong with them? i have two 74 v6 coup's and they both have a return line. thank's in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Exhaust manifolds probably wont work need to get ones for the II or headers, stock manifolds are on eBay all the time. The C4 will fit better but only if you have the small II specific bellhousing for it. AOD will keep your RPMs down if you see alot of freeway miles but it's alot of work. Yes I think the 74 sending unit will work a friend did theis swap in his II and I think that's what he used.

thanks. i dont think i'll go with the aod, it dont want to go in overdrive sometimes and i'd hate to remove it in that little tunnel. what about heddman headers? any fitting problems? and is the #2 crossmember(the one in the middle, under the bell housing) really nessesary? the reason i ask is because its missing. sorry to keep bothering you. thanks again

II-much-rust said:
thanks. i dont think i'll go with the aod, it dont want to go in overdrive sometimes and i'd hate to remove it in that little tunnel. what about heddman headers? any fitting problems? and is the #2 crossmember(the one in the middle, under the bell housing) really nessesary? the reason i ask is because its missing. sorry to keep bothering you. thanks again

Yes, it is absolutely necessary.

d