Hello To All! First Time Stang Owner, '97...help!! Trying To Make It Home, Keeps Dying

Jack Napier

Sep 10, 2016
I am stuck, thankfully I guess, at a pilot station in N.W.Arkansas at 1:30 a.m. desperately trying to make it home 30 miles away. I just bought my first Mustang, a '97, 3.8L, V-6. I am actually trying to desperately make it 80 miles away to a volumptious girl who's awaiting our first meeting in person! AARRRGGHHH!!! But if I can make it home I can switch vehicles and press on! Anyway, I'm sure you all have heard this one, it keeps dying on me like a fuel pump or running out of gas, but isn't. HELP!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Nevermind. I researched it and cleaned the aic. put it all back together and it worked for 3 miles. once I got it started again in the middle of the highway, I hauled ass all the way home. Still no :taco: as of yet...YET. ; )

Well, that's probably one of the more unique introductions I've read!

First things first, did you make it to see the girl? She was waiting for you at 1:43AM?:confused:

Anyhow.....about your mustang, glad you were able to get it running brother. Sounds like you could use a general all around tune up. Is your Check Engine Light (CEL for future reference) on?

In the future, post in the '96-'04 specific tech section for problems like this. Even at 1:43AM you might get an answer from one of us, we have members in other countries that might be awake then.

Honestly though, if you dig your mustang, start reading through the general talk section of the '96-'04 subforum. You'll find all the help you could want there. Post some pictures of your mustang, we'd love to see it.

Start a new thread in those sections I mentioned if you ever need help again.

Good to have you with us!