Hellpp

cobraii74x

Aug 27, 2003
Altoona, PA
Okay back when it wasn't -400º below and I could actually go out to see my II it started. One day I was removing the radiator and of course you have to get it up over the fan.. well instead of forcing it and breakin something i just turned my key over once and moved the fan and took the radiator out..... well after finding out the new V8 radiator I got wouldn't fit because of the brackets i put it back in. so maybe two hours later I go to start it again and click.. nothing. okay dead battery. .get fully charged battery.. click.. use the wrench on the solenoid trick thinking its a bad solenoid and.. nothing.. engine not even turning over. but when i do that there is a light drift of smoke that comes up from my shifter. . .I have no clue whats wrong and i wont be able to work on it until it stops being freeing but i would like some input because the first day we see sun i want to hear my baby roar again ( then try n fix all the rust ) .. but is there something wrong with my trannie or starter or what.. oh.. and the lines that come from you're trannie were just led into each other while i removed the radiator.. this is my first car and i dont have alot of experience with stuff so please help :( okay i'll shut up!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I'd say it sounds like a bad nuetral safety switch, but you said you jumped the solenoid and it's still not cranking. Sounds to me like a bad ground. Make sure you have both a battery to engine ground and an engine to body ground. You'd be surprised what kind of symptoms a poor ground can cause.