Helmet Rules - NHRA

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
Cincinnati area
I'm wanting to take my car to the strip. I have a rear battery and installed a shut-off switch.

The only other requirement is a helmet.

Per previous owner, it runs mid 12's.

Does anyone know the most recent NHRA helmet requirements. I tried to read the 2009 amendments and they just pissed me off.

I'm looking to spend the least cash possible.

Would a M05 and DOT approved helmet meet specs? I can get one from Jegs for 90 bux and have a 50 dollar gift cert.

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm.....I just want the cheapest helmet to get me on the track. I could prob run a run without a helmet....but once they see my times they prob bitch. :shrug:

Not sure how Snell 2000 compares to M05

13.99 need a helmet it has to be less then ten years old, thats what i have been told

but if you really want to know what you need at what time pick up a NHRA book it will tell you what you need up to date

Call ahead and find out the track's requirements. Most of them will let you run with a Snell 2000 or newer helmet. If they do, you can pick up an HJC motorcycle helmet that meets that requirement for under $75.

Hmmm.....so maybe just go run and see what they bitch about huh.

My bud across the street just said to check the IHRA regs since the local tracks usually run those.

I'm pretty confident mine will run below 13's.....well maybe not with me driving since I'm a newb...but the car will do it.

I really just wanna run it. Perhaps I'll just drive up ignorant and run without helmet. Maybe get a few runs in without it.

I was just trying to use my Jegs 50 bux for a 90 bux helmet if it would cover me.

that should be an 2005 helmet (M05) should be good untall 2015

I went to the track with a friends helmet snell M90 DOT and they told me that it was too old may be 15 years not sure get you an anser tommrow