Help a brotha launch! hah

fazm83

Apr 8, 2005
phoenix, arizona
Ok, so i just went to the dragstrip, and was hopin to see some good times. Didnt happen...
Still cant break out of the 2.4 60ft times, which i know is hurtin me a ton.
Was 96 degrees outside when i went, i know that doesnt help either.
all in all, it was my best "summer" run, i got a 15.447 @ 90.97
i did a total of 5 runs, 4 of them were int he 15.5 range, only the 1 into the 15.4s. ill post the best timeslip i got. (i did race an old corvette and beat him pretty bad, that was fun. also almost beat an STI that bogged it off the line with a 15.2)

EDIT: the tune makes it even harder to launch. I learned just because you stopped spinning, doesnt mean you can punch it, because viola.... you light em up if you do.

• Sponsors (?)

oh ya, and that was with full weight. No removing anything (and i just noticed my K&N air filter is waaaay dirty, dont think itd hurt much though, correct me if im wrong). And im a 214lb driver, so im not light by any means. (6'4" so im not fat either lol)

my worste ET of the night was my fastest MPH lol, go figure that one. 15.587 @91.19mph (2.516 60ft)

Spinning tires a whole lot more than i want to, thats for sure. Never seen a v6 that will spin the tires completely loose, without droppin the clutch (at least not a stock v6). Im gettin the rear end rebuilt by ford under warranty in a couple weeks, and i am going to ask them if i buy a tlok from them, if they will install it. I doubt they will, but worth a shot.

Yeah we need to work on those 60' times.
How hard did you launch? Stock tires? Air pressure? I solved my 60' times but it involved trading for a GT. :p

fazm83 said:
oh ya, and that was with full weight. No removing anything (and i just noticed my K&N air filter is waaaay dirty, dont think itd hurt much though, correct me if im wrong). And im a 214lb driver, so im not light by any means. (6'4" so im not fat either lol)

my worste ET of the night was my fastest MPH lol, go figure that one. 15.587 @91.19mph (2.516 60ft)

214? Shoot, boy, I weighed more than that when I was born! LOL! Heck, I'm not fat either... I'm morbidly obeese! Actually I'm just short for my weight... about 6 feet to short! LOL! I'm not fat... I'm just a big boned guy... fun to dance with... LOL! I was down to 200 once... people were actually worried i was anarexic (spelling????) So I've got an extra 90 pound or so... with me in the car it's about 3760... that darn Shaker 1000!!! LOL!

SHOULD? lol I think it would help if i just took my cobra to the track, but just learned somin bout the tires on there (dealership put wrong ones, so im waitin on those).

Im probably just going to end up with a tlok and gt takeoff wheels. Hopefully give me a couple tenths off my quarter mile.