Suspension Help A Noob Out Please

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by Rwdmadness, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Rwdmadness

Rwdmadness New Member

Hey everyone! This my first official post in this forum. I just purchased an 08 gt and I'm ready to start upgrading. I was thinking I should improve suspension and braking before I go ahead and slap a blower on it. I already did steeda intake system, magnaflow exhaust and BAMA tube. So here's my question. Which way should I go with suspension? I intend on doing some AX and some occasional 1/4 runs at the track; autocross mostly though. I hear panhard bars is a good place to start along with springs and adjustable shocks too. What do you guys recommend? If anyone has a link of a write up I appreciate it.. Thanks guys
  2. Redfire281

Redfire281 Member

IMHO, if your initial intent is auto-x, I think springs, dampers and front sway bars and caster/camber plates is where to start. When you get into the straight line stuff then do control arms, relocation brackets and PHB. Of course, the right tires is an absolute necessity to AX. Just my .02.
  3. timjimmy

timjimmy Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I'd recommend a complete suspension package from either Roush or FRPP. They're engineered to work as a system and take all the guess work out. There are a few different options to choose from (adjustable, non, etc) and prices are between $1100 to $1700. I just don't like trying to piece suspensions together. Also, a Stifflers chassis brace will do wonders with a suspension package.
  4. Rwdmadness

Rwdmadness New Member

Sweet.. thanks for the advice guys.