Help: Anyone with Cobra brakes

I have the Cobra rotors/calipers installed and was about to install my braided hoses. The banjo bolt that came with the Goodrich kit is fine thread and the caliper has a course thread. Am I missing an adapter on the caliper or just the wrong banjo?? Thanks in advance!!

• Sponsors (?)

I can't answer your question, but I guess you have the wrong thread pitch banjo bolt. How did you put Cobra brakes on it? Is it a kit? I am about to change my drums on a 69, but would be interested in actual Cobra.
Thanks

I have not gotten that far with my conversion yet--I still need the banjo bolts and the hoses, but from my research thus far that appears the part that is needed are the Ford Racing banjo bolts part number M-2321-A. Should be able to get that from any Ford dealer. These are about $10-12 depending on where you get them. They come with washers.

For more info, Mustang Steve has a bulletin board that you can post your questions on at his site. He is very good about answering if someone doesn't beat him to it.

For more info on the Cobra brake swap--go to Mustang Steve's web site at this address: www.mustangsteve.com

re: your brakes

i wonder if you wouldn't mind telling us/me about your cobra brake kit? how did you do this swap?

i'm thinking about it for my 69 coupe and have been looking pretty hard at mustangsteve's kit, have seen it on ebay.

what size rims must be run on this kit? would 16"s fit?

thanks much,
nate in wake forest, nc

Sounds like the wrong banjo to me. I did the same swap you did and my calipers came with a set of braided flex hoses and banjos...they bolted right up. I had to enlarge the hole in the bracket behind the shock tower that holds the top of the flex hose but everything else fit perfectly.

STANGMAN69...the kit is from "MustangSteve" google for it and you'll get more than enough info. You could also look at my writeup if you want:
http://www.edbert.net/brakes.htm
AFAIK 17s are required but I have heard that some folks got them to fit on some vintage48s in 16X8 with 1" spacers...I remain skeptical since FoMoCo says 17".

EDBERT - I've seen your writeup. Very good info there, I found it searching the VMF several months ago.

I was leaning towards 16"s b/c I think I'd like a bit more rubber so the car doesn't ride like a truck. I want good stiff handling but not a very rough ride. Plus, I've found tires seem to be a bit cheaper for the smaller wheel.

But, I'm not interested in screwing around with something that won't fit. At this point, I'd rather pick up a set of decent 17" Cobras or Bullitts and start my disc brake swap.

Thanks and if anyone else has any info, please toss it into the mix.

Nate

I bought the corse banjo bolts and opened up the frame bracket and everything worked out fine. I have 18" wheels so clearing the big rotors is no problem.

I have been beating my head against the wall with Goodridge for two weeks. Don't get me wrong they have tried to be helpful, but they have sent me two different banjo bolts with different threads and neither fit. The 2007 Goodridge catalog has 10MM x 1.00, 10MM x 1.25 listed. (I think its 10MM x 1.50). Does anyone know if this is the correct size?

For the conversion on my '66 I went down to Napa, and toured the bins, until I found the right ones. Took about 5 minutes and a couple of bucks.
The brakes work awesome. I converted all four corners.
Running 235/45 R17s and no rubber bushings up front. The rear has Aluminum bushings in the front and poly in the rear. Car rides very nicely.
Stay away from run flat tires, and chose your springs and shocks carefully and you'll get a great ride.
More information on the web site in my sig.
Hth,

M10x1,5 or 3/8-16 it seems. Had me confused a bit as 3/8-16 comes out to OD9.52 x 1.59 - close to the metric but no cigar...
The metric ones are easy but I've had trouble finding the course 3/8: they usually all carry 3/8-24. National Parts Depot has them in red ano p/n 380086-SAK.

I have been beating my head against the wall with Goodridge for two weeks. Don't get me wrong they have tried to be helpful, but they have sent me two different banjo bolts with different threads and neither fit. The 2007 Goodridge catalog has 10MM x 1.00, 10MM x 1.25 listed. (I think its 10MM x 1.50). Does anyone know if this is the correct size?

Well finally got the right part from Goodridge. If anyone runs into this problem the Goodridge part number is 992-03-35P.