HELP! car broke down on side of road

DCjuggalo

May 18, 2003
Charlotte, NC
i think its the clutch, when i start the car and the clutch is down to the floor, it makes no noise, then when i let off the clutch it makes a bad grinding type of sound. when i tried to go forward it bucked up and wouldnt go.. can anyone tell me what this is?.. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

If I was you I would try to find a ford racing clutch kit on ebay for around 150.00 it will come witha a new clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing. I put one in my 93 and my 94 and love the firm feel. I had a shop install the one for the 94 and it cost me around 100 bucks. Good luck, I would much rather seea cumarrrow on the side of the road!!!

DCjuggalo said:
ahh... i took it to the transmission place up the street and they called me back and said it needed a new transmission or rebuilt and would cost 1200... :((((((((
Get a second opinion. I don't mean to be insulting, but from reading your post and subsequent comments, you don't seem to know much about cars, and I suspect the shop smelled fresh roadkill. Hook up with a buddy and get the right skinny. This shop didn't diagnose a bad tranny without a teardown.