Help Car Dies????

Yesterday I went and started my car, let it warm up for a minute, and as soon as I was ready to leave it died... but started right up. This morning, I started it, same thing happened... only this time it wouldn't start right up.. after waiting a few minutes and trying again, it came right on like nothing.. no lagging at all... What could this be??? I have an 03 GT, not even 1k miles on it yet! I'm beginning to think I need to give up mustangs. :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

When it stalls out, if you hold the accelerator down (keep the revs up) and does it stay running? And when you let it idle down, does it die again? If it does, it's probably the IAC :doh:
iac.jpg

MissBlondie said:
Yesterday I went and started my car, let it warm up for a minute, and as soon as I was ready to leave it died... but started right up. This morning, I started it, same thing happened... only this time it wouldn't start right up.. after waiting a few minutes and trying again, it came right on like nothing.. no lagging at all... What could this be??? I have an 03 GT, not even 1k miles on it yet! I'm beginning to think I need to give up mustangs. :bang: :bang:
With less than 1k miles on the car, I think I would be back at the Ford dealership insisting that THEY fix it!

Marine One said:
True, but if nothing else at least she will get the problem documented for future warranty claims......

Besides a problem like that on a car with so few miles ain't just going to fix itself.
That's true, documentation is key. And who knows, they may replace the IAC anyways to see if that's the problem. Atleast, the guy in Ford parts told me they were replacing a lot under warranty when I bought a new one last summer.

Good idea :nice:

JonJon it just dies while running... 4 out of 5 times it will start right back up. I just had the IAC on my 02 V6 go, and it's not the same type of thing. I haven't had a chance to get into the dealership and as you said, of course when I get there it won't do it, so they think I'm crazy. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the cold??? I've not had it happen till yesterday morning, and yesterday and today it was chilly in the mornings again. :shrug:

I think it's the color of the car Blondie. Those true blue seem to have lots of problems, LOL.

On a serious note, the MAF might be bad or getting a faulty signal. That's what they changed on my sister's car.