Help car wont stay running

So i try to start the stang today and it turns over fine and then immediatly just drops to really low rpms and cuts off. If i give it gas it will stay on but the second i take my foot off the pedal it just stalls out. I managed to get it outta the driveway and down the road for like a half mile and then i pulled over and it ran fine... i went to advanced auto parts and had them test my alternator and they said it was bad so i got a new one and just put it in and the problem is still there. any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

next time it happens get somone to get inside the car and hold their foot on the gas to keep it running while you get something to tap the IAC (you don't have to whale on it) the IAC tends to start sticking after awhile and tapping it can help free it up, this should tell you if it's the IAC or not. Ford has a new "improved" version of the IAC which takes care of this issue.

just to give you another perspective....the same thing happened to me.....my idle adjustment screw and somehow rattled loose off of my throttle body.....of course i figured this out after i had changed the fuel pump......i felt like a moron:bang: