Help choosing an intercooler?

ChristmasGT

Nov 3, 2003
Hey guys, I really want to find a great intercooler for the car, Im looking to spend around $200.

can anyone give me some hints as to what goes on and what doesnt? thank in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Most people start with the Volvo IC, which can be found at junkyards for well under even $100. Others use an NPR IC which I believe is from an Isuzu truck. I think Red LX runs a Starion, I'm not sure on the price of these two, but more knowledgable people will chime in. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Word of warning.
NEVER EVER buy anything from SSAutochrome! Everything they sell is junk! There are many posts over on www.turboford.org attesting to that fact!

That being said, the best IC you can get for $200 would be the NPR. (Photos on my cardomain page 'Thunderstang' in my sig.) You'd have to go to a big truck wrecking yard to find one and they've figured out now that they're in demand, hence higher prices! Your best bet would be Ebay. There's a couple on there right now. I got mine for $200 shipped. There's 2 sizes. Make sure you get the large one. Again, go to www.turboford.org and search for NPR intercooler for info.