SN95 Help Choosing Heads On Stock Intake

leesoc686

Apr 13, 2016
Snapchat-4931759608264203156.jpg
14100303_1808526812725272_7304700729501705558_n.jpg
just needing help/advice from you fellow mustang enthusiasts. ive tried googling my questions but couldn't find much of anything. ive decided to put a cam inside my 95 mustang gt and replace all my gaskets. i went with an f303 cam which ive already installed. my question is what are some good heads for this cam with a stock intake? i do plan on upgrading my intake later on but i cant afford it right now. been looking at the SVE heads from late model resto or a set of trickflow heads. would either of these be compatible with my stock intake for now? any input would be great. i am of course going to upgrade lifters, rockers and pushrods.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

just needing help/advice from you fellow mustang enthusiasts. ive tried googling my questions but couldn't find much of anything. ive decided to put a cam inside my 95 mustang gt and replace all my gaskets. i went with an f303 cam which ive already installed. my question is what are some good heads for this cam with a stock intake? i do plan on upgrading my intake later on but i cant afford it right now. been looking at the SVE heads from late model resto or a set of trickflow heads. would either of these be compatible with my stock intake for now? any input would be great. i am of course going to upgrade lifters, rockers and pushrods.

Unless you're going to port the stock intake you will be choking the life out of any after market head. If you are on a budget you can pickup gt40 irons and an explorer intake for less than the cost of aluminium heads. Not sure if they will work with that cam though. I would stay away from SVE heads.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, rear gears are cheap and make the car wake up.

But heads wise? I agree completely with @deathb4dismount , find an explorer in a local salvage and take the heads and intake from it. It'll save you money and give you a boost in power.

The SVE heads aren't worth getting over that option.

Reactions: 1 users
F cam? Who advised you on that. You running a supercharger or turbo?

My advice- don't go throwing mismatched parts together. Unless you can afford a good set of aftermarket heads- AFR or TW- get a cheap set of exporer heads, change the springs to TFS or Alex's springs, use an explorer intake and 65MM TB, and run a TFS1 cam. Cheap and been done 10000 times.

Hopefully you aren't an automatic running an Fcam. That can really doesn't come on until higher rpms.

Honestly, you would prob notice more sop gain with a good low torque making cam, and explorer intake and 65mm tb and stock heads, than sve heads, an Fcam and stock intake.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk