help experince needed (rear quarter body work)

sab24711

Aug 20, 2009
hey ill start off by telling to a little about my car its a 88 mustang gt not lowered no sub frame connectors (in the box). the damage of the passenger side quarter is more in the front next to the door and a little of the outer wheel well oh and what looks like a nice punch by the window. i was wondering if there was any other place i should brace besides the rear trunk/ hatch and the passenger side door? i have the bracing as close as i could get it to the quarter with out getting in my way. i wasn't to sure if i should put the car on jack stands being that the center of the car would flex? the reason i ask is because the car isn't sitting on level ground its more towards the driver side. im trying to make this project as trouble free as i can.

my last question is how i should remove it. i know with spot cutters. i bought a really good set off the tool guy. i just figuring if i did it piece by piece would it be easier.

if you need pictures i can get them asap any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

when i had to replace my passenger side quarter panel, i drilled out the spot welds and skinned it about 3 inches above the bottom of the quarter window, and about a third of the way up the C pillar. why isn't it level? if you want it to be trouble free, drop it down on all 4's.

DSCF0765.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg