Roush Help - Fox Body Saleen 13" Brake Upgrade?

jrnstang

May 30, 2003
Hi Guys,

I own a 1991 Saleen fox body that came with the standard front mustang calipers. Well, I would like to upgrade them to the Saleen 13" brake kit and my question is: Is the Saleen Upgrade a direct bolt on or would I need to upgrade the spindles? I know the 1993 SA-10 and other Saleens come with this brake option but not sure if they have different spindles.

Thanks in advance for any advice, it is much appreciated.

Jose
#91-043:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I did the Saleen 13" upgrade on 93 spyder and the only major issue that I can remember is having to change over to sn95 spindle.

I have also done this to my 92 Steeda using a Brembo 13" kit and both kits are well worth the money.

94-04 spindles (94/95 will leave the wheels at the same width as they currently are)

My only down fall for doing this personally is I cant use my stock 16 inch wheels on the new spindles period, despite brake size...so thats what is keeping me from doing it. If I ended up trashing the basket wheels somehow, then I would...but until then

Jose, if you need anymore advice on this swap feel free to give me a shout. I did it in my garage and it's quite easy and straight forward. Like I said in my e-mail, if you do run the STERNS be sure to use 1/8" spacers if you're using the brembo calipers or the wheels will not clear. You will not have any issues with alignment using the spacers. I've even taken mine to the track and it causes no problems.

George

Not sure of the calipers you are going to use, but when I bought my Alcon set from a guy, they came with the adaptors. When I went to put them on my '03 they were too wide. I e-mailed Joe at Chicane the pictures holding them up against my spindles and he said the brackets were for Fox bodies and they were pretty rare he hadn't seen a set in a long time.

Anyhow, not sure what they are worth or if you were planning to do Alcons, but they are laying in my toolbox.

hmmmm I think they used Alcons on some of the 93 SC cars? Those would be great if you didn't want to do a spindle swap but what rotors would you run since the foxbody rotors out there only go up to 12" I believe and stock is only 11" on a foxbody.