Help Getting shocks lower

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys I need some ideas. I put coil overs on the rear of my car with the intention of lowering it as much as possible. The problem is I cannot adjust the coilovers all the way down because the shock bottoms out. The only solution I have been presented with is using new lower shock brackets that will let the shock sit lower allowing the body to come down. I see Team Z sells some that are weld on which I can do, my question is does anyone know how much lower will these go than stock? I dont want to get them and then find out they dont lower than the stock mounts.

Or if anyone else has any ideas please let me know. I have considered making my own mounts but have been hesitant has the quality would probably not the best.

Team Z lower mounts:
TZM-Lower%20Shock%20Mnt.-2.jpg

Attachments

• TZM-Lower%20Shock%20Mnt.-2.jpg
    TZM-Lower%20Shock%20Mnt.-2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Sponsors (?)

Are there any pics of this installed? I am having trouble picturing what this will look like. Will this actually allow me to have the shocks sit lower than stock?
Bolts on around your stock control arm mount then gives you 3 control arm mount points then the metric ass load of mounting locations on the back for the shocks.

Ok thanks man I am going to have to put some change in the piggy bank for this then. Any idea how much lower I can mount the shock than stock?

Really dont want to run cut springs.... As low as I want it the shocks would still bottom out, doesnt really solve the problem.

If the car is that low, and you lower the shock mount, wont the tire hit the wheelwell before the shock bottoms out anyways? Seems like you will just kill the suspension geometry by going too low.

If the car is that low, and you lower the shock mount, wont the tire hit the wheelwell before the shock bottoms out anyways? Seems like you will just kill the suspension geometry by going too low.
the race craft mount will fix the lower arm geometry... the upper would have to have an S-box installed to fix though.

No I've got plenty of room between tire and wheel well to go lower, I am not track racing or drag racing this car, it's more for the look I want to get, and the coil overs will allow me to raise the car in 15 minutes if I decide to throw the slicks on and go to the track.

um, isnt that the issue at hand? That the shocks you got wont allow full adjustment to lower the car enough??

Yea its not about the adjustment, when the car is on the ground the shock is completely compressed and has no travel. I need the shock to sit at least and inch lower or be at least an inch shorter. If those shocks were that much shorter I'd get them, but I heard fox shocks were the shortest.