Help Help !!

A_mart22

Aug 12, 2016
Hey guys need a Lil help....I've looked everywhere and I just can't find a fork clutch cover for my 94 gt, any place where I could find one..thanks

Attachments

• 20160703_124107.jpg
    20160703_124107.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Sponsors (?)

Is the 96-04 version the same? It looks identical to me. The forks themselves are the same from 94-04 so I don't know why the cover would be too much different. Just because it isn't listed for 94-95 (there aren't that many of our cars) doesn't mean it wouldn't work. But I don't have any direct experience.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-7513DK/199...k-Dust-Cover?gclid=CLLjvLrzyc4CFQSqaQodIB8DXQ

Now if it were me I'd buy some 20 gauge sheet, and with a pair of tin snips and 20 minutes later I'd have a cover. It's no longer available at the dealer, and 94-95 v8 bellhousings are become impossible to find, so I think it's either giving the 96-04 cover a shot or making your own at this point.

EDIT: on 2nd look I see the screw-hole is to the side on the 96-04 and it's in the middle on the 94-95. there may also be other dimensional differences that I can't tell from pictures. I'm sure it could be made to work with a little modification / a few spot welds. Or as I suggest bend your own from sheet metal, it's not a super-complex shape. Then again I'm used to working on a Mustang II where nothing off-the-shelf ever fits. I think our 94-95's will have that problem in a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is the 96-04 version the same? It looks identical to me. The forks themselves are the same from 94-04 so I don't know why the cover would be too much different. Just because it isn't listed for 94-95 (there aren't that many of our cars) doesn't mean it wouldn't work. But I don't have any direct experience.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-7513DK/199...k-Dust-Cover?gclid=CLLjvLrzyc4CFQSqaQodIB8DXQ

Now if it were me I'd buy some 20 gauge sheet, and with a pair of tin snips and 20 minutes later I'd have a cover. It's no longer available at the dealer, and 94-95 v8 bellhousings are become impossible to find, so I think it's either giving the 96-04 cover a shot or making your own at this point.

EDIT: on 2nd look I see the screw-hole is to the side on the 96-04 and it's in the middle on the 94-95. there may also be other dimensional differences that I can't tell from pictures. I'm sure it could be made to work with a little modification / a few spot welds. Or as I suggest bend your own from sheet metal, it's not a super-complex shape. Then again I'm used to working on a Mustang II where nothing off-the-shelf ever fits. I think our 94-95's will have that problem in a few years.

I think I'm gonna give the 96 and up a chance and make it work, I just need to have one on there because I'm on my s3co d throw out bearing because :poo: gets in there and starts to make noise

96 changed to the t45 transmission. No idea of it will work or not but this trans uses an integrated bellhousing along with the t3650 that came around in 2001.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I think I'm gonna give the 96 and up a chance and make it work, I just need to have one on there because I'm on my s3co d throw out bearing because **** gets in there and starts to make noise
I'm sure the dust cover will help, but are you still using the stock quadrant and adjuster? Those things are murder on TOB's as Ford's idea of "self-adjusting" was letting the TOB ride the pressure plate at all times. With an aftermarket quadrant and adjustable cable / firewall adjuster, you keep an 1/8" airgap in between (a return spring is often needed to make sure the gap stays when your foot is off the clutch). TOB's should always outlast the clutch, except with this brilliant Ford design where it's like riding the clutch 100% of the time. The original TOB's must have been made out of titanium to last the 40k they did before making noise. A lot of the aftermarket ones burn up within 10-15k -- a sealed bearing getting spun at 2-3k for hours at a time isn't going to last for long.