Help... Hole in bottom of my tranny!

danny04GT

Jun 10, 2004
Phoenix
Ok, so I was just installing my Mac O/R h-pipe today and noticed that there is a hole in the bottom of my tranny. :eek: First off I assume the hole does not belong there with some type of plug because the hole looks irregular (see pic) . I was hoping someone could explain to me how I was driving with the hole un-noticed. Shouldn't I at least have a problem shifting?

The hole is big enough for me to stick my finger in, but there are no puddles, no fluid leaking under the car and the car still shifts fine. Also do you think Ford will cover this under the powertrain warranty?

Attachments

• tranny2.jpg
    tranny2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Sponsors (?)

danny04GT said:
Ok, so I was just installing my Mac O/R h-pipe today and noticed that there is a hole in the bottom of my tranny. :eek: First off I assume the hole does not belong there with some type of plug because the hole looks irregular (see pic) . I was hoping someone could explain to me how I was driving with the hole un-noticed. Shouldn't I at least have a problem shifting?

The hole is big enough for me to stick my finger in, but there are no puddles, no fluid leaking under the car and the car still shifts fine. Also do you think Ford will cover this under the powertrain warranty?

Damn that's crazy....I think you'll be fine though if she shifts smooth and you hear no noises...

wait for svttech to chime in :D

thats designed to be there. Its inspection or air hole I was told by Ford.

Mu T-45 have hole. don't look exactry like it, but it almost look as if its a crack, because of rough casting edge