Help identifying Edelbrock heads...

jaymac

Feb 18, 2004
Northern Mass
Hey guys,
My buddy's got a pair of Edelbrock heads he wants to sell me, but they came off the car after he bought it and he thought they were RPMs, I think they're just performers. The casting on the end of the heads says "Performer 5.0L" under that is "EO-D-215-10". The Edelbrock website doesn't have these #'s, just pn's.

The valves and valvesprings are disassembled; how much should they cost to get re-assembled?
He's offering mt the heads for $600. Is that a good deal considering the GT-40P's I have now??
THanks,
Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

edelbrock heads

The easy way to find out would be to call edelbrock tech line and ask how to tell the difference. They can probably tell you what that "EO" number applies to. The rpm heads are just a non emissions version of the performer heads. I have the performer heads on my bb chevy in my nova and the only difference between them and the rpm head is they have a heat crossover for emissions where the rpm does not. I think edelbrock also stamps them on the front as to whether they are performer or rpm. My heads say performer on the front of them. The heads should have a CARB #D-215-17, the D-215-10 shows to be the CARB # for their carburetors

Edelbrock heads

The edelbrocks on my chevy picked it up quite a bit. I did put the whole kit in the engine though. Rpm cam/intake and 800cfm carb. It put out 540hp on the dyno when we broke it in which is what edelbrock advertises and that was at 5400 feet in Denver. At sealevel where I am now it will be higher. My other sb chevy has Dart iron eagle 215's on it but that combo is quite a bit more radical than my big block combo. My mustang has iron GT40's on it and they picked it up substantially over the e7's. Edelbrock makes good stuff and from reading around on different mustang web sites most people seem to be very satisfied with them. Right now the sb ford heads are $1139 in the summit catalog. $600 is a good deal, but check into what else you will need to make them work for you. The parts add up quick if you have to do repairs.

You need to find the valve size of the head...the 2.02 valves might not be able to be used without notching the pistons. 600 is an excellent price for Eddy heads..I have the small valve RPMS and couldn't be happier.

I just bought the 5023 E-Street Eddy heads. Used because I'm on a budget. Everyone I've talked to says to redo the entire valve train because they cheapened out on that part to be comparable in price to the cheap Chinese knockoffs. Anyone think that is true?

Attachments

• 146997759011838237011.jpg
    146997759011838237011.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 286
I just bought the 5023 E-Street Eddy heads. Used because I'm on a budget. Everyone I've talked to says to redo the entire valve train because they cheapened out on that part to be comparable in price to the cheap Chinese knockoffs. Anyone think that is true?
A) I would have started a new thread
B) ALWAYS have a shop look over used hardware. Let them know what cam you have so they can replace valve springs of necessary.