Help Identifying Tubular K Member

I want to put springs back on my car but (I have coil overs) i don't know what brand I have and I need to know so I can buy the spring perches. Does this look familiar to anyone or does anyone know what it is? I bought the car with it already in it and contacting PO is a no go. It's on a 90 coupe btw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Sponsors (?)

Using spring perches with tubular k members can be a PITA.
If the height isn't perfect there is no way to adjust it other than cutting the springs, which i can tell you from experience is no exact science either.

Why switch back at this point?

Coil overs can ride pretty good with the right spring.

With my MM coilovers i run an 8.5 wheel, coil overs or not you aren't going much wider than that on a fox anyway.

I'm not one of those guys that pushes coil overs, if you don't need them, i wouldn't suggest them, i just know aftermarket k members with perches suck, and since you plan on autocrossing, i'm going to guess ride height is important to you.

Last edited:
Yea I havnt done alot of research On it. This is my first car with tubular k member.i have stock pony wheels on right now and have about half inch between tire and coilover, so I dont have much of a choice for wheels. Ill have to do some research on the springs with perches, id just like to do a little more with the car than to go in a straight line

I run koni adjustables on MM coil overs with i think a 275 12 inch spring.
On the soft setting it rides pretty good and on a stiffer setting it handles above average.

I agree with you on the straight line thing, it gets boring quick on a street car.

Unfortunately there are only a few tubular k members meant for handling. MM, griggs, kenny brown are a few, not sure if there are any others. The rest of them weaken the front end in an attempt to cut weight.