Help IDing a torque converter

gbarber

Jan 26, 2004
delaware, ohio
Does anyone have any hints for identifying an aftermarket torque converter? I have one I don't need any more, but I don't remember what kind it is.

verter1.JPG

verter2.JPG

I bought this converter new in early 2004. I had in in my car for about 3000 miles, and then I changed to a T5. The problem is, I am an IDIOT and I can't find any of the paperwork that came with it. I know it goes in an earlier C4 with a 24 spline shaft and a 10.5" bolt pattern. I am pretty sure it is a 2400 stall converter. The number 400011 is stamped on the transmission side. I've tried google searches, but I have come up with nothing. I could swear it was a B&M or TCI, but I called B&M and I was told their part numbers are not that long. They also said all of their converters are a lighter blue. I am pretty sure I have seen older B&M torque converters that are dark colored. TCI also said the part number was not theirs. Does anyone have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Wow that's very coincidental that u have the same problem at this time. I bought one just like that like a week ago, only to realize i need a 26 spline so I'm trying to sell it, and upon further investigation, It doesn't appear to be a B&M. It was marketed as B&M but theres no labeling on it. The guy I got it from said its part of B&M's "white box program" or some crap