Engine Help Iding Cam

jraap82

Active User
Aug 29, 2016
Doing my first rebuild on an 89 GT with my son and I'm trying to figure out what cam it has/had in it. The only markings on it are in the pics, right below the distributor gear. Also, I had it sitting on its end in the garage and went to get some sports equipment out the other day and accidently knocked it over onto the garage floor. The journals now have some marks on them (also in a pic) and I'm wondering if I need to junk it, is it still good to use or is it worth bringing to the machine shop to try and repair? Any help is much appreciated!
20160830_093928.jpg

-Joe

• Sponsors (?)

damn, most people will give you a stock cam. Go through the classifieds here and on the Corral. Be very careful with used cams unless you know what to look for.

Will definitely do some research on what to look for before i make any moves, and thanks for all the help! If you hear of someone wanting to get rid of one, please send them my way. Oh, one more thing, you think the cam in the pics was a stock one?

Isn't the stock HO cam billet steel? The cam in the pics looks cast to me. Or maybe thats just crud build up between the lobes making it appear cast instead of billet

Last edited: