**HELP**Ignition and door locks

missing original keys for my 1995 mustang. Was wondering if any one knows if the ignition lock and door cylinder locks will work from a 96-98 GT to a 1995 mustang. They are alittle different looking on the ignition and i think it went from 8 cut to 10 cut keys for 95 to 96. But if im swapping all will they fit the doors and in the steering collum? Found a set on ebay OEM and brand new. Also does a 95 Gt have a ignition key and door and truck keys or does one work all?

• Sponsors (?)

Door cylinder locks will work 94-04, I believe. The ignition lock may not work if the key has a chip in it (PATS system). Ford switched to the PATS system for Mustangs in 96, so make sure the auction you buy does NOT have PATS.

You can also have all your locks keyed to the same key, but a locksmith will charge you per lock to re-key them.

I haven't bought any of my Mustangs new, so I can't tell you what Ford did. But all my Mustangs have had the same key for the ignition and all locks. If yours does not use the same key, you can have your key cut to match all locks. In most cases, the ignition only uses the first 4 "cuts", and the locks use the rest. Best bet would be, bring your keys to a locksmith. They may be able to cut you a single key for all locks.