help!!!! Im going to shoot my car!

331ci

Nov 27, 2009
bridgewater
ok so hear it is had a prob a cup mouths back with my 92 conv starting figured out it was the msd box got new one and started fine today i go out and it started ran for a bit and stalled and now wont start up did the msd test and it sparks from the coil wire to a ground ok but if i turn the car over i get no spark out of the coil wire to the ground i should be getting something right? traded my bike for this car its got tons of motor work dun to it i long for the days of my stock stang i think im getting to old for this s**t!

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same thing happen to my car with an msd box.I drove 300 miles shut it off to get gas and would not restart for 20 minutes then fired back up.Got to where i was going the next morning fired up fine drove it 2 miles and it cut out again.I hooked up the stock ignition and it drove fine under normal driving but above 4000 rpm it started to miss.I got home from my trip and changed out the coil all is well now.I think my coil was breaking down under the msd voltage but it could handle the stock ignition ok for the most part.

I had the same thing happen to my car with an msd box.I drove 300 miles shut it off to get gas and would not restart for 20 minutes then fired back up.Got to where i was going the next morning fired up fine drove it 2 miles and it cut out again.I hooked up the stock ignition and it drove fine under normal driving but above 4000 rpm it started to miss.I got home from my trip and changed out the coil all is well now.I think my coil was breaking down under the msd voltage but it could handle the stock ignition ok for the most part.

thats what i was thinking it was to its an msd coil to but y would it spark when i do the wight wire test but not when i turn it over? but the coil is old o and by the way when i dont hold the coil wire to a ground when doin the test it sparks out the sides of the coil that dont seem right huh?