HELP INSTALLING A WIDEBAND

dragin92gt

Nov 6, 2007
my innovative kit finally got here, and i have no fn clue how to install this thing. i have wiring talents. just dont understand there messed up instructions.
the kit is a innovative DB-3796

• Sponsors (?)

I feel your pain man, I have the Innovate LC-1 and XD-16. Took me 2 weeks of troubleshooting the wiring. The wires coming off the gauges are so tiny that I'm scared to even touch them without breaking them. I called them and went on the forum for help, they all said i wired it wrong, which i know i didn't. It ended up being the stereo terminator plug that completes the daisy chain setup, i made my own while i waited for my new one to arrive. Other than the worthless instructions and horrible customer support i like the XD-16.

-AJ

wat exactly is giving you trouble? do you have power to the guage? or are you not able to calibrate the sensor?

the hard wires were the easy part for me, i belive it was 4 wires that had to be connected to power sources/grounds and thats pretty straight forward.. i had issues gettign the guage to calibrate, but i called innovate and they cleared it up for me. i thought the whole thing was pretty simple

Agreed, my lc1 and guage worked perfect the first time and I had no issues getting it to calibrate as well. I used to be an ME installer but am only of average skill with wiring. Follow the diagrams and take ur time. Sometimes its easiest to mark all the wires with a piece of tape and write on them that way u "shouldn't" screw up putting them together.