Help making a decision

justintyme

Oct 1, 2006
Hey everybody I am looking into gettin a 2000 mustang GT and i was wondering if these cars were pretty easy to tune up? Also what are the pros and cons of this year, body style and egine? any advice would be wonderful

• Sponsors (?)

I just picked up a '00 Gt 'vert with an automatic a month ago. I have found no issues with it at all. Well, maybe one....it likes to go fast so I really have to tell it to slow down a bit. This is a daily driver for us and the wife loves it also. We now trade each week between the '01 F150 4X4 Lariat and the 'vert as who drives which one. The 'vert is getting 22-24 mpg on either regular or premium and I notice no performance difference on either gas as of yet. I say if it looks good to you, go for it.

Cons:

99-00 GT's look like V-6 models with the side scoops and lack of hood scoops, but thats not the end of the world.

Dont respond that great to mods.

Mods are more expensive than say a 5.0, but prices ARE coming down.

99-00 still had the crack-prone intake manifold... what a POS...:nonono:

Pros:

99+ GT's have a more power 4.6 than the 96-98 models.

To me, the body styling is awesome.

T-45 trans if its a 5 speed car. This is good and bad. Not as strong as the T-3650's in the 01 and newer GT's, but my God they have half the troubles the newer tranny's do... they are just harder to find.

These cars are fairly easy to work on.

Good gas mileage if you drive normally.

Fun as hell to drive.

The 4.6's like to rev, and love steep gears. The two mixed together makes for one fun ride.