help me build a 331!!!!!

Blown93Coupe

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
ok, im looking to start building a 331 pretty soon
this is going in my street car that will occasionally see a little track time

i am wanting the car to run in the 9s (atleast 9.70s or close to it)
it will have a manual transmission so i may not ever see those ETs but i want the power to do it

i am going to start with a DART block so i know it will handle the power, i will be going with 8.5:1 compression
i have an S-Trim that will be going on it and i plan on pushing it to about 17psi

i already have a custom grind blower cam that my buddy said would work great in it. i dont remember all the specs on it but i believe its around .524" lift

i was thinking about going with AFR 205 heads and an Edelbrock RPM II intake. would 55# injectors be enough or should i go ahead and get 72s? what size Throttle body and Mass Air meter should i run?

it will have a complete Aeromotive fuel system but should i go with the Back Half kit or the Competition kit?

any help would be appreciated, also if anyone has any suggestions for a better intake or heads let me know

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

AFR 205's will do the trick. You will need a victor 5.0 intake, a custom cam (the one you have does NOT sound like the one. You do want 9's, right?) BIG injector, 90mm tb, Best bet is to talk to a good cam designer.

I'd also suggest talking to 'YSIgonzo' from corral. He went high 8's with his afr 205 headed 331 but with a MUCH better blower than you have and a victor 5.0 manifold.