Help me choose my exhaust combo! i know i know, ANOTHER exhaust thread

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go regular Magnaflows with an off-road X. That'd be beautiful.

I have the catted X and after 6 years its pretty god damn loud. I would never want the packs.
The packs are nasty loud IMO. With an off road X the regular Magnaflows will give a nice classy sound, not raspy.:nice:

Heres mine a few years ago. Magnaflow Cat X and Magnaflows. I heard everything before I bought them and I god damn love it.

YouTube - Daves Mustang Revving

No offense to the Mac or Flowmaster guys, but I'm no fan of any of their stuff. Bassani and Borla are good but were pricey back in the day. Dunno how they are now.

little quiet for my taste. sounds good tho. ease up on the gd's bro, i'd appreciate it

thanks for all the clips bud. have to check out when i get home and away from the firewall

you pretty happy with your mac setup?

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it.

It sounds mean, its pretty loud, and its unique to all the other Mustangs around here. I have ran into one other person (that I know of) that is running Mac mufflers, and its on an 06 GT.

mikevm78, your car sounds amazing. I've seen that on youtube and have been eyeballing that same set up:nice:

Thanks! Its a nice change of pace from everyone runnin flows, mac, borla, slp etc...

And thats not a knock to those brands at all. Theres only 3 mustangs in wa that i know of running the whole setup, so its pretty easy to tell mine apart from other stangs. :nice:

Good luck on your search fiveho :flag:

Thanks! Its a nice change of pace from everyone runnin flows, mac, borla, slp etc...

And thats not a knock to those brands at all. Theres only 3 mustangs in wa that i know of running the whole setup, so its pretty easy to tell mine apart from other stangs. :nice:

Good luck on your search fiveho :flag:

thanks bud :nice:

nice sound / sweet lookin car you got

Im currently running SLP LM II catback with a Pypes O/R X pipe and I love my setup. Its nice and loud and SLP makes QUALITY parts. The rolled tips are sick and the entire catback is stainless steel.

i've heard from several that slp makes quality stuff. its still a possibilty but i gotta say from the more clips i listen to, i almost have it narrowed down to either Mac or Bassani. still considering magnapacks and slp IIs tho

hard to beat the price of Mac. Brenspeed on ebay had the full catback for $313 / free shipping. thats with 3" tips, id rather have the 3.5" tho

Ive had flowmaster 40s, MAC flowpaths, Borla Stingers, Magnapacks, and Bassani

Id rank them as follows...

1 - Bassani - Great tone and loud enough with stock mid pipe on my car now
2 - Borla Stingers - Definatly an awesome sound, but it would be insanely loud with no cats.
3 - Chambered mufflers - All about the same really and both sound great but lack the performance of the others.
4 - Magnapacks - I just wasnt a big fan of these, they sounded ok but not great.

Ive had flowmaster 40s, MAC flowpaths, Borla Stingers, Magnapacks, and Bassani

Id rank them as follows...

1 - Bassani - Great tone and loud enough with stock mid pipe on my car now
2 - Borla Stingers - Definatly an awesome sound, but it would be insanely loud with no cats.
3 - Chambered mufflers - All about the same really and both sound great but lack the performance of the others.
4 - Magnapacks - I just wasnt a big fan of these, they sounded ok but not great.

i know stingers sound great on a 4V car. cant really find too many clips on a 2V. i have seen a few tho, i like them but i think i like bassani and mac a little better

as far as the magnapacks, it seems to be a hate it or love it sort of thing. although i have heard quite a bit of negativity about them. IMO they sound awesome at high rpm but im not crazy about the sound at idle