help me choose new wheels for my 93 cobra!

• Sponsors (?)

An lx doesn't fall under the description of a limited production mustang.
There's a reason why an lx is now worth 5k and a cobra is worth 15+.

If i were to see a 93 cobra on the road, and it wore non cobra rims, i would think it was really a gt.

If someone thinks your gt is a cobra, that's a compliment.
If someone thinks your cobra is a gt, that's an insult.

If you would immediately write off a Cobra as a GT simply because of the wheels on it, thats a little ridiculous. I happen to dislike 93 Cobra wheels and would absolutely change them if I was lucky enough to own one of those cars. I would think other people out there might feel the same. Everyone has their own personal taste and not everyone will like it. I am guilty of saying things about peoples car too, but because a Cobra has non-Cobra wheels? Give me a break.

It is usually pretty easy to tell a real Cobra from a Cobra-ized GT. If I were to see a well done converted GT pass me on the road with the only difference being a set of wheels, I would first assume that it was a Cobra that someone changed the wheels on rather than a GT that someone re-did. Changing wheels is much more common than someone totally re-doing the whole car. I don't know many people who would assume a Cobra is a GT simply because of the wheels it rides on.

IMO, i would of kept the 4 lug cobras, but in his case it's too late for that.
So next best thing is to use some other cobra rims.
Special mustangs should always keep the exterior in the same family of parts.

Nothings worse than a cobra with saleen rims or vice versa.
Specialtly cars should keep with one theme, and since he can't use the original rims anymore, a newer cobra rim is his next best choice.

And to to respond to your statement, yes i'd either write it off as a gt, or think the owner of the car is a jackass.
You want to add your own personal touch to the outside, buy a gt.

You want to add your own personal touch to the outside, buy a gt.

Or you could have a Cobra with a sweet set of wheels.

I can't get over how foolish it is to negate the worth of a special vehicle, simply because it rolls around on a different set of wheels. Store the stockers away in the garage for safe keeping and ride around in a car with a killer look that suits the taste of the owner.

i wonder if one of these companies makes a five star wheel that that covers the lugnuts. i personally will not change over to five lug and would like to find something other then the standard 4 lug five spoke wheel.

Should an LX wear all LX parts on the outside?

Other than wheels, yes.

Did I miss what color the car is?? That would make a big difference.

:drool:
untitled-3.jpg

Fox this isnt one of those cars, it has over 100k on it, was in a front end accident before I bought it and was repaired pretty poorly, and had several not stock things on it when I purchased it. I probably wouldnt have purchased a car that I couldnt modify, I am just not the type to buy a car and leave it untouched and/or garaged most of the time.

Spend the 5-lug conversion/ rim/tire money on getting the body fixed correctly, sell it to someone who appreciates an original 93 Cobra, find a nice GT to hack up and beat on, they made lots of those, no one will miss it.:nice:And you'll have cash left after you're done!

Soon the 5 lug conversion will be done and I still dont know what wheels I want to put on the car, all I do know is I want 17x9s. I really hate to part with the stock wheels since they are so unique and really help identify the car as a Cobra, if there were aftermarket replicas in 5 lug that is probably what I would get but I dont think there are.

The other options I have considered so far are 00 Cobras, 03-04 cobras, FR500s, GT500s, and Konig Villains. I think I have ruled out the Villains since I cant get them in chrome. So what do you guys think would look best on a 93 vibrant red Cobra?

Man, I'd sell the 5 lug conversion stuff and put the stock wheels back on the car. Unless they were gwarred up or something, I'm not sure why you'd want to change them out. Like you said, they are unique, and do look good. I'd spend the money elsewhere personally, but I guess do what you want.